Truthfulness

It had been 3 days since Arius left for France, and every day since then, I have received letters from him telling me about the plans for the new King's rule, about the grain and religion, even the engagement to Francis and Mary. He sent me delicately, royal dresses for me to wear when he arrives back home, even sending child clothing once in a while.

Talia had been occupying me whenever I think of him, or something reminds me of him. Having my paint, or read books from the library.

"Eliana! He's here?" She yells from down the hall.

Rushing out of my chambers, I throw my book and pillow on the floor. The guards near my doors, run after me with their spears. Every Knight, Lady, and Duke bow down to me, as I rush past them.

Arius's men walk to his carriage, while his parents, brother, and sister, wait behind them.

"What's going on?" I ask Ofelia, who wasn't as worried as I was but showed some sincereness.

"They've been like this for a few moments now...I hope nothing's happened to him." She curls up next to my arm, as a hold her tightly.

"I'm alright, men. I'm fine, just a little scratch." I heard Arius say from the crowd in front of me.

They make their way through the crowd of Knights, and horsemen as they help him out the carriage. There was a group of men who stood in front of me, but when they bowed, I saw him.

His dark hair was lighter than usual, his gray eyes were still bright as ever, and his smile was whiter. Looking at him, I feel a rush of emotions come to me. He had a small scar on his upper right eyebrow when he ran his fingers through his hair. 

"There you are." He whispered as he pushed past the men in front of me.

Running to him, I wrapped my arms around his neck as he lifted me up.

Grabbing the back of my head, he kept one arm wrapped around my waist, bringing me in closer to him. I feel his smell enrich me from the inside out, feeling him around my arms, and the beating of his chest relaxes me. 

Setting me down, I placed my hand on the side of his face, running my thumb across his cheek as he leans in and kisses me.

"Ah." Gloria gasped with excitement.

"I love you." He whispers as we pulled away.

~

After a delicious dinner with our guest and Arius, we decided to take a walk near the beach where our dogs, Chance, and Leah could run around.

"Can I ask you something?" He says.

"Yes?"

"King Henry asked about you? If you found a better suiter than his son? Where you engaged to Sebastian." He questioned.

The memory of us kissing in the castle spark my mind, and I suddenly blurt out the first thing that came to mind.

"Francis...I was engaged to him for 4 years before I left. I was young, and I didn't think I was ready."

"Why did you marry me then? If you left Francis just months before you met me." His voice became darker, like his fathers the first time I met him.

"Because..." I froze.

"Because of what, Eliana?" He blurted out angrily.

"I don't want to talk about this..." I turn to look at the other side, but he grabs my shoulders and turns me around.

"As your King...you are ordered to tell me."

Discussed by his words, I take his hands off of me.