Fireworks

3rd Person POV

The sound of chicken and roasters clucking and crowing wake up most of the castle. Knights stood their guard, while Ladies and maids rose from the darkness of their rooms, and to attend their French Court Royals.

Eliana, arose nearly early in the morning, due to a horrifying nightmare.

Eyes dilated, and breathing hitched, she began shaking uncontrollably.

"Eliana, are you alright?" Talia ran by her side, as Eliana sat up on her bed.

"Yes. Just another nightmare..Have you heard of Julius? how's he doing?" She asks.

"No, Eliana. I haven't heard anything since the last letter King Agron wrote to you."

She sat on her bed, looking out to the distance, staring at nothingness.

"I have a bad feeling about staying here..in this castle." She whispered.

Talia sat on the bed, beside Eliana. comforting her, she brushes her hair.

"Is it because of the wedding? King Henry won't rush the wedding, he has plans for the alliance." Talia said.

"I know..that's what I'm scared of."

~

"What?" A man screams from down the hallway.

"Nostradamus. What are you seeing?"

He awakes from a dream around the time after Eliana's nightmare.

"War. And the cost of war."He said.

"Where?" His aid said.

"I don't know. But wherever it is, it will reach inside this castle..."

~

Eliana's POV

"All right, Kenna. It's your turn. Not your first but your best kisser." Lola asked.

"It was a man, not a boy."

"Who? You must tell us." Mary's ladies insisted.

"All I'll say is that there's no point in waiting for boys our own age who have no idea what they're doing. Either find yourself a man or... Take care of your needs yourself." She says.

The girls chuckles, since they being so young wouldn't understand Kenna's needs.

"Anyway, I think that it's Greer's turn, isn't it?" Kenna insisted.

"My first kiss...is in the very near future. I'm not like you. My family's not titled. I can't afford even little mistakes. But... I think I've found the man...He's tall, dark and noble. Tomas, the son of the King of Portugal. He's here negotiating some kind of trade deal, but he's taking his time about it, and I think it's to stay with me." She said.

"Greer, it's dangerous to get involved with a prince. You know they marry for alliances. Your family are commoners. Tomas is a King's bastard, like Bash. Favored, too, but with money and land." Kenna whispered.

"I'm not a fool. I know a true royal would never look at me except to ruin me. I can take care of myself."

A Horse neighs in distance.

"Your Majesty, Your Uncle, Claude de Guise, is here and wishes to see you at once."

Mary and I both excused ourselves from the conversation, and walked into the castle.

"You look well, Mary. As do you Eliana, beautiful like your mother. Your mother sends her affection, Mary. Read it later. You may be assured the love is in there, as is the news of a crisis in Scotland." Claude de Guise said.