French Court

"Your Grace, we are a few miles away now." The horseman announced.

Lifting my head up from laying on Talia's lap, she brushed my hair to my right side as I looked out the window. Surrounded by fields of grass and woods, we were just outside of Paris when the horseman had arrived.

"Are you ready for this? You can't go back to Greece, you made a promise to Mary." Talia whispered.

"Do I have a choice? They probably know I'm coming..."

Feeling the wind brush against my skin, I intertwined my fingers together.

"Everything will be fine..."

Grabbing my hands, she smiled at me as we entered the outskirts of Paris.

FRENCH COURT

Francis's POV

I ran down the stairwell, tinkering with my clothing. As I ran downstairs, I'm meet by my illegitimate half brother..Sebastian, or 'Bash' for short

"Sebastian," I say.

"Francis, they were looking for you everywhere. Tough to find you." He says.

"I was riding." I hesitate.

"Really? Who?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

I chuckle at the insinuation and continue fumbling with my clothing, but I turn around to let Bash help me get situated.

"So, Bash, how's the mood?"

"Father's or the mood in general? Tense to both? Planning for your sister's wedding." He says.

I lift my head, letting him button the last to my shirt.

"Is your mother in there?" I ask.

"No, only royals and their attendants allowed, BUT, your mother is in fine form, God save you. I'm off now that you're here."
Bash slaps me on the arm and rushes off.

"Lucky bastard," I mumble.

"Heard that." He says.
~

Women gather around by the dozens, watching as my father tries on a suit and models it for them.

"Mary should be protected. Hidden." My mother says.

"So you've claimed."

A young girl is also trying on a beautiful wedding gown.

"You also claimed she needed to be kept at convent for her education when we both know she simply irritated you." He adds.

"Mary's arrival now upstages our daughter's wedding. She even announced that she would be bringing a guest to stay with her as well, god forbid it's her mother."

"It's the perfect occasion to showcase the alliance with Scotland. Half the continent's royalty will be feeding at our trough."

I walk by as the two continue to bicker, catching the attention of a pretty brunette. I smirk at her as she passes by, then turning back my attention to my parents.

"There are those that say too many alliances make a king look weak." She says.

"Then why did we sell our daughter to Spain?"

Putting an end to their bickering, I interrupt their conversation.

"I'm told I was needed. Or should I just come back on my wedding day? You've chosen my wife; have you set the date, too?"

"Here's the date: when I say so. Or when England turns its sword in our direction. She's on her way, and with a guest." He slithers.

"Mary Stuart, you mean. I heard. But I don't know who her guest is, I just hope it's not her mother."