Batgirl and a Bird of Prey

"There's nothing here Babs." Robin sighed into the comms.

"I know it's a secure network. But for the love of God, call me Batgirl on this channel."

"She's got a point." Red Arrow said.

They had been searching for any signs of the assassins for days. Nightwing was still out of commission. Add to that Superman had to return to Metropolis. Apparently, that freak show Joker had laid some plans down there. Meanwhile, Wonder Woman managed to arrest Black Mask and Mr. Freeze. It was simple for her. She found their HQs and completely wiped the floor with them. She took them to an outside prison though. Some US Government black site, Barbara had to guess.

Meanwhile, Robin and Red were finding nothing but dead end after dead end. It seemed hopeless. But Batgirl was able to work on some pretty neat tech. One that was a crime predictor model. It analyzed different activities and calculated what and where about each gang might strike. The tech managed to help Wonder Woman locate Mr. Freeze. After that case, Wonder Woman again asked Batgirl to join her to her home.

But that wasn't going to be a good answer either. Green Arrow and Batman signed off a day after the Justice Society visited the Batcave. Since then they haven't popped back into the grid. Batgirl was ready to go after Jacob Kane but he had disappeared from sight as well. In fact, twenty well known members of the Gotham Elite had up and vanished. That made the Owls list very short.

Oddly enough, Jacob's wife was not a part of the preceding missing peoples. But she had also not reported her husband as missing. They had to do something. Batgirl was done being support, she needed to get out into the field. While Red and Robin started work on taking down Bane, in order to infiltrate the League, Dick woke up.

Barbara remembers their conversation as short and sweet. He gave her the go ahead to leave and so did Alfred. Nightwing could take over support duties for a couple more days so he could recover. Hell, Batgirl felt so much better being able to stay off the streets. Which gave her the idea to pitch more scattered shifts so all of their bodies could do some recovering.

Nightwing and Alfred could catch up on the situation while Batgirl got ready. By the time she was dressed and ready to head out Dick walked up to her and the batcycle.

"So..." Dick looked around. "I got good news and bad news."

"What?"

"Bruce...has a contingency plan if he's gone this long."

"Great..."

"It stipulates that we move in to the city... He calls it the Belfry."

"I know it." Batgirl nodded. "Batman and I scouted out the location a few weeks ago. I wonder what he could possibly be up to."

"I don't know but Jason and Red have taken a break to help set up the new location. They're exhausted and have little to nothing to show for their work. Do you...have a lead?"

"Wait. What happens to you and Alfred?"

"We lock down the Batcave. We'll stay inside, plenty to eat but no one is to come in and out until Batman returns or...after a month from now, he'll be declared dead."

Batgirl grimaced. "I best get to work then."

"You're lead Batgirl."

"Bette Kane."

"Jacob's granddaughter?"

"He introduced her as his daughter."

"Curious." Dick pondered. "What about her?"