Assembling a Team

Batgirl got dressed late at night the next night. She had called Catwoman and she had gave her coordinates to meet her at. There was an old cemetery up in Northern Historic Gotham. They would meet there. The batcycle took Batgirl there in a few minutes. Batgirl hopped off her cycle and looked around.

"Nothing?" Jason asked.

"Keep comms limited." Batgirl directed.

"You come alone?" Catwoman emerged from the shadows.

"Of course."

"Good." Catwoman nodded as they looked up at the rows and rows of gravestones. "This place has a secret. And we need to find it."

"Any hints?"

"Looking for a..." She trailed off as she ducked down. Batgirl did the same. They watched as a figure clad in a black suit and a white mask walked into the cemetery. "Happy accident. We guessed there was an entrance here. Turns out we were right."

"Let's follow this ghoul of a human then."

They stepped quietly as they caught up to the man. He went up to a tombstone stopped and looked around. He then held up his hand and the ground moved a bit. The tombstone started moving out of the way. Batgirl brought her arm back and flung a batarang forward. It struck the man in the arm as Catwoman whipped her whip around his neck. She pulled hard and he came down on his face. He wasn't moving when they pulled up to him. They check his hand and found a strange ring in his hand. They took it and peered down the staircase that revealed itself.

"I mean..."Catwoman stared at it. "This is where people die in the movies right?"

"It's also where the hero finds the secret thing." Batgirl shrugged as she started heading down the stairwell. Catwoman sighed but followed. Down the dark, dank steps they went. After a couple minutes they came across a long, dark hall. There were bodies buried into the sides of the walls. Every single one of them had a mask over their face. That of an owl.

Some were old and some looked almost new as yesterday. Batgirl led Catwoman deeper until they came across a large room. Inside was a table with a map. They peered at the map, which became increasingly clear it was Gotham. There were marking all over it. Batgirl was already recording with her AR goggles in her cowl. Catwoman took a few pictures with a small camera.

They continued to look around the room. There was a door in the back. But they were weary to search it. Deciding against it they walked back the way they came. They found the guy passed out still at the entrance. Selena tied him up and they woke him up.

"Ah!" He screamed at them. "What the - what the hell!?" The man tried to get free but could not. "What is the meaning of this do you know who I am?"

Catwoman was ruffling through his wallet. "Abraham T. Lukas?"

"Abe is fine."

"Well, Abe. What are you doing out here?"

"Can't a good Samaritan take a stroll through -"

"A cemetery?" Batgirl finished for him. "Yeah, we found your ring. The one that opened your little hidey hole."

"I..." He began. "Shit, shit, shit."

"That's right." Catwoman smiled and bent over to meet him eye to eye. "So, you're going to tell us who you work for now. Or - "

"Bats don't kill!" Abe piped up.

"Oh but cats do hun." Batgirl bluffed.

Catwoman smiled and she showed her hand. There, from her fingers claw like appendages emerged. She perhaps wasn't playing at all.