End of an Era

Barbara and Kennedy were in the waiting room of the hospital. The rest were securing the Gotham Central Hospital entrances and exits. Ensuring no one would harm Cassandra during the operation. She had lost a lot of blood, but a blood transfusion had saved her life. Not that the battle between life and death was completely over. She needed to be stitched up.

Kennedy and Barbara looked around the waiting room. She grimaced and leaned forward. "I'm sorry..."

"It wasn't your fault. It's the price we pay..." Barbara sighed.

"I should have just told you..." She shook her head.

"What do you mean?"

"I know one of you is working with the Batman?"

"Who?"

"You're their leader aren't you?" Kennedy pressed.

"Selena is more leader than I am."

"Not from what I've seen." Kennedy shook her head. "I've watched all of you fight. If I had a guess...I'd say it's either you or Cassandra."

"What about us?"

"Batgirl..." Kennedy glared.

Barbara scoffed. "Mhmm."

"So, you admit it?"

Barbara looked around. "You know who my father is Kennedy?"

She shook her head.

"Tell me the truth."

Kennedy sighed. "Detective Jim Gordon is your father."

"And you think I have the time to be the Batgirl?"

"You or Cassandra."

Barbara smiled at the thought. "Maybe Cassandra. Have you seen how she disappears?"

Kennedy smiled too. "Yeah...hey I'm...I'm sorry for bringing this all up. This isn't the time."

"There's never a good time to call out your bodyguards." Barbara smiled. She looked towards the entrance as Oliver Queen entered.

"Kennedy." He waved as he zoomed in on her. He stepped quick as he walked over. Barbara and Kennedy shared a look as he approached. "I need you help."

"And why would I help you fledgling?" Kennedy glared.

"You're the new Voice...and I heard you have a good heart."

"What is it Mr. Queen?" Barbara asked.

"Do I know you?" Queen asked.

"Maybe." Barbara shrugged. "Know Detective Gordon?"

"Yeah."

"It's her dad." Kennedy stood. "This is really a bad time Oliver."

Queen looked down before he sniffed. "I know. But...I mentor a kid. Real nice. He's gone missing and I need help finding him."

"What was his name?"

Barbara pinched herself for not looking for Red Arrow sooner. "Roy Harper." Oliver grimaced. "Friends call him Speedy."

Barbara sighed. "We'll do what we can."

"That's not really your call." Kennedy glared.

"Jason is friends with Speedy." Barbara said. "We'll find him Mr. Queen. I didn't know he was getting off the streets?"

"I help who I can. When I can." Oliver squinted.

"Fine." Kennedy said. "We'll find Speedy and get him home to you. Okay Mr. Queen."