Operation Knight Fall

Two weeks later...

Selena strolled around the Belfry, a smile on her face. Jason and Barbara watched her as she made this place her home. She wanted to bring the two teams together. And that is exactly what they were planning on doing. Operation Knight Fall had begun. Batman was declared dead. Despite working for Kennedy, they were no closer to reaching their target than they were beforehand. Thus, Nightwing and Alfred stepped out of the Batcave and began crime fighting once more.

They were here now at the Belfry. Welcoming Selena Kyle into their ranks. She for the most part had a pretty safe living. But here own wards, they needed a safe place to say. A sort of tower to fight crime. Barbara offered up the Belfry as soon as she could. Alfred and Nightwing arrived not in costume.

"Ms. Kyle." Alfred bowed. "I hear you need a new home."

"You here correctly, Alfred." Selena smiled, it faded as she looked at Dick and then back to Alfred. "I'm sorry to hear about Bruce..."

"He will return..." Alfred said solemnly. "And if he does not..."

Alfred cleared his throat. Dick finished the thought for him. "We'll mourn when we know. Remember we are TREATING this like he is dead. Not actually announcing he is dead."

"You poor boy Richard..." Selena sighed. She looked around the Belfry. "There are only four rooms?"

"We're only using two of them." Jason offered.

"Maybe some of us can double up." Barbara shrugged.

Selena grinned. "Like who?"

"Me and Jason." Barbara said as everyone looked at her. "Just a thought. Maybe those assassins can get buddy buddy."

"Wait. You've teamed up with assassins?" Dick asked.

"If you read the dossier." Barbara rubbed her temples.

"You did good Barbara." Alfred offered. "While you work on that...the Batcave can move on other problems across Gotham."

"You'll find him." Dick nodded.

Barbara smiled. "We'll find him. Dead or alive Batman will return to the family."

"It's an interesting thought." Selena shook her head. "Anyways. Let's see the rooms."

Selena got the tours of the two other bedrooms. She nodded and sniffed the air. Brushed dust off one of the window seals. She looked out on the city, the dusty window covering most of it.

"I can have Flamebird and Cassandra should like this. Bertinelli swears she has somewhere safe to hole up in."

"Huntress?" Nightwing crossed his arms. "Bertinelli is certainly dangerous."

"Kennedy has enacted a strict, no killing policy." Barbara shook her head.

"How'd you swing that?"

"I did." Selena said with a grin. "I know how the bats work. And from here on out...the Birds of Prey will try and match the cowl."

"We appreciate it." Alfred offered. "Have they killed before?"

"Before the Birds..." Selena shook her head.

"And what of us?" Talia and Cassandra emerged from the shadows.

"What the hell?" Jason stood up quick. "How did you?"

"We're assassins."

"They followed me." Selena shrugged.

"And you let them!?" Jason asked.