Ides of March

Kennedy March strolled around her apartment complex as her team started securing her new home. They looked for bugs, found any security risks and secured them. They each brought something to the table. And they would do everything in their power to protect their newest asset. Her bodyguards were guarding her, all so they could infiltrate the Court. In due time they would infiltrate the very essence of it. From there they could take the whole operation down.

After they were done, they sat down in the common area. The white couches looked like two brackets next to each other [ ]. They sat down here in this perfectly new age house. Barbara looked around at their work. It didn't look like much, but they had secured this place so well. Barbara was quite certain it was the third most secure location in all of Gotham. Only behind the Batcave and Belfry. Perhaps fourth, since they still hadn't found the location of the Owls at all.

"What's on your mind Babs?" Jason asked, leaning forward and grabbing a sparkling wine Kennedy had put out.

"Just proud to be part of a team that could do this to a modern condo."

"I thought this was an apartment." Helena said.

"Does it matter?" Cassandra crossed her arms. "We secured it. Didn't know a League member would be so good at securing a location."

"League?" Kennedy asked sipping on her wine.

"Talia spent years in the League of Assassins." Barbara said. "But she's reformed. We all are. Different criminal pasts from all of us."

They all nodded solemnly, except Kennedy who had a big smile on her face. She spoke, "This team needs a name right? I mean, we got Owls, Bats and Birds. And this little team certainly feels extra special."

"Because it is." Barbara nodded, not missing out just who each of these people were. "There seems to be a flight pattern in naming. Maybe something with flight? Like a raptor of sorts."

"Isn't an owl already a raptor?" Helena pondered.

"The flying squirrels." Jason smiled.

"Oh ha-ha." Kennedy threw a small, crumpled paper at him. "For real. There has to be something."

"Why not the Ides of March?" Barbara offered. "Being you are Kennedy March...and that the Ides of March marked the Roman Empire's day to settle all debts."

"And what debt are we settling?" Kennedy leaned her chin on her hand.

"The debt this city owes us." Barbara said seriously. "It's been corrupt to long. It's about time we take down everything wrong with this city. Why can't we find peace like Metropolis has?"

"Metropolis has a big, strong alien that can be everywhere at once."

"We have Batman." Jason offered.

"And what has he done this whole time?" Talia pondered. The group looked at her, expectantly. She sighed and took a sip of her wine. "We...I guess they...the League of Assassins were watching the Bat and his plans in Gotham. For a while we thought he could solve our problems. He'd be the savior of Gotham we all hoped would come to the desolate city."

"You don't think he succeeded?" Kennedy asked, knowing the answer.

"It's gotten worse." Jason said. "This city appears more in chaos since Batman arrived. It's like his...vigilante crusade made this city even more crazy. Riddler, Penguin, Black Mask to name just a few. Now we have to deal with the likes of Joker. It seems every year a new, dangerous criminal rises."

"Batman takes them down." Barbara glared.

"And then what?" Talia chuckled.

"Then they escape from Arkham." Selena grinned.