Operation Mole

~Lenna's pov~

"You must be wondering why I have called you three here?" My dad had a bright smile on his face.

Me , Cal, and Matteo looked at him, confused. "What's going on, sir?" I asked, trying to read his expression. He took a deep breath before speaking. "You all must have heard about me reopening the Donovola case, right?" he said, his smile growing wider. We all nodded in agreement, aware of the case that had been a mystery for years.

"Well, I have received some new evidence, and I believe we can finally solve this case," he continued. My heart raced with excitement and curiosity.

"What evidence?" Cal asked, breaking the silence. My dad looked at him with a serious expression.

"A landlord recently came forward to reveal that his wife told him that she saw Mr. Donovola."

My mind raced with questions as my dad continued to explain the new evidence.

"The landlord's wife saw Mr. Donovola? Where? When?" I asked, unable to contain my curiosity any longer. My dad took a deep breath and began to explain.

"According to the landlord, his wife saw Mr. Donovola walking down the street in a nearby town just a few weeks ago. She recognized him from a picture in the news and immediately told her husband."

"Where is this woman?" I asked .

"In Italy." My dad briefly said our faces were contorted in shock.

"But how can we verify this information if the witness is in Italy?" Matteo questioned, his brow furrowed with concern.

"That's a good question," my dad replied, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

"And why didn't she report it to the Italian authorities? Why did she inform us?" Cal asked.

"Actually, the Italian authorities were the ones who informed us about her. She had reported this to them, and they decided to come to us since we have been looking for Donovola for a really long time and that this information would help us." My dad explained. Matteo nodded, his expression easing slightly.

"So, what's our next move?" he asked. My dad took a deep breath and leaned back in his chair, his eyes scanning the room.

"First, we need to confirm the witness's story and gather as much information as possible," he said. "Then, we'll need to coordinate with the Italian authorities and plan a joint operation to catch Donovola."

Cal nodded in agreement, his mind already racing with ideas.

"We'll need to be careful," Dad said. "Donovola is a dangerous man, and he has a lot of resources at his disposal. We don't want to put anyone in unnecessary danger. Therefore, I have decided that you three, along with three other Italian officers, will be working together on this case. So can I trust you three to take on this task?" We all nodded in unison.

"Great," Dad said with a smile. "I'll start making arrangements with the Italian authorities, and we'll get started on planning the operation. In the meantime, I want you three to start doing some research on Donovola and his organisation. We need to know as much as we can before we make our move."

As soon as we left the meeting room, I immediately pulled out my notebook and pen, in shock. How is this possible? How could he be in Italy if he's here sending death threats to me?

My pen touched the paper when suddenly someone grabbed it out of my hand.

I looked up to see Cal twirling my pen in his fingers.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked, feeling slightly annoyed.

"I just wanted to get your attention," Cal replied with a mischievous grin. "I couldn't help but notice how focused and determined you looked. It's pretty cute."