Cafe Italiano

~Lenna's pov~

As I neared the van, the feeling of being watched intensified, causing goosebumps to rise on my skin.

Just then, I heard the snapping of twigs behind me, causing my heart to race even faster. I spun around, clutching the metal pipe tightly. There were five men holding knives and standing in a semicircle, their eyes filled with malicious intent. The realization hit me like a ton of bricks: I had stumbled upon something far more dangerous than I could have ever imagined. Panic surged through my veins, but I knew I couldn't afford to let fear paralyze me. With every ounce of courage I could muster, I took a step back, preparing myself for the fight. The men exchanged a knowing glance, their expressions filled with sadistic amusement. It was clear they had underestimated me, and that was a mistake they would soon regret. The men lunged towards me, and I swung the metal pipe with all my might, connecting it with one of the men's ribs. A satisfying crack echoed through the alley as he doubled over in pain, gasping for air. The other man hesitated for a split second, his eyes widening with surprise, before he charged at me, his fists clenching tightly. Adrenaline surged through my body, sharpening my senses and heightening my reflexes. I sidestepped his attack, narrowly avoiding his punch, and swiftly delivered a powerful kick to his knee. He crumpled to the ground, howling in agony as his knee twisted unnaturally. The alley was filled with the sounds of his cries, echoing off the brick walls. I stood there for a moment, catching my breath, my heart pounding in my chest. The taste of victory lingered on my tongue, mixed with a hint of apprehension. This was not the first time I had found myself in a situation like this, and it certainly wouldn't be the last. Before I realized someone had shattered a beer bottle on my head from behind, the sharp shards were cutting into my scalp. The pain was instantaneous, but I refused to let it consume me. Instinctively, I spun around to face my attacker, adrenaline coursing through my veins. Blood trickled down my forehead, blurring my vision, but I could still make out the silhouette of a tall, menacing figure standing before me. Actually, more than one...

They were all holding metal chains. My heart raced as I assessed the situation, realizing I was outnumbered. The glint of the metal chains in their hands sent a chill down my spine. I knew I had to act quickly, my survival instincts kicking into overdrive. With every ounce of strength I could muster, I prepared myself before I turned the other way and ran. My feet pounded against the pavement, and the sound of my own heartbeat echoed in my ears. Fear coursed through my veins, fueling my desperate sprint. The wind whipped against my face as I ran, my mind racing with thoughts of escape. I could hear their heavy footsteps behind me, growing louder and closer with each passing second. The adrenaline surged through my body, pushing me to run faster and push past the limits of exhaustion.

I quickly ran into a nearby cafe filled with people, hoping to lose myself in the crowd. The bell above the door jingled as I burst inside, drawing the attention of both customers and staff. Gasping for breath, I scanned the room, searching for a place to hide. The smell of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, mingling with the murmurs of conversation and the clatter of dishes. Panic gnawed at my insides, urging me to find shelter before it was too late. I looked out the window to see those men still waiting for me outside with a grin. I knew I couldn't stay here for long. My heart pounded in my chest as I desperately tried to come up with a plan. I quickly spotted a small door at the back of the café, marked "Employees Only." Without a second thought, I darted towards it, hoping it would lead me to safety.

As I reached for the handle, a voice called out from behind me, causing me to freeze in my tracks.

"Excuse me, miss, but are you alright?" a concerned barista asked, eyeing me with a mixture of curiosity and worry. Drops of my blood dripped onto the floor, making the barista even more panicked.