The Blame

GORE AND VIOLENCE. BEWARE!

~Matteo's pov~

"Thank you so much," I said to the receptionist with a genuine smile. She had just handed me another key to my room. I had lost the previous one, and she had been kind enough to provide me with a replacement. As I made my way down the hallway, the weight of the day's events began to weigh heavily on my shoulders. Losing the key was just the latest in a string of unfortunate incidents that seemed to follow me wherever I went. I walked to my room but stopped in my tracks as a thought crossed my mind. Maybe I should meet up with Lenna.

I turned back to her room and knocked on it softly, hoping she would be there.

A soft smile appeared on my face as I thought about her and the possibility of spending some time together. As I stood there, I couldn't help but wonder what she would be doing at this moment. Would she be eating or sleeping?

But no one opened the door. I knocked again, this time harder, making the door open by itself , revealing an empty room bathed in the soft glow of the evening sun. My heart sank, a mix of disappointment and concern washing over me. Where could she be? Had something happened?

I pulled out my phone and tried calling her, only to hear her phone ringing from across the hall. Confusion and worry consumed me as I quickly made my way towards the sound. As I reached the source, I found myself standing in front of Cal's door, the familiar ringtone echoing through the thin walls. A surge of relief washed over me as I realized that she must have left her phone behind.

I knocked on Cal's door, but no one opened. Growing more concerned, I shouted her name, hoping she would hear me. Silence followed, intensifying my apprehension. Without thinking, I reached for the doorknob and turned it slowly. The door creaked open, revealing an empty room. My heart sank as I realized that neither Cal nor Lenna were anywhere to be found. Frantically, I began searching for any clues or signs of her whereabouts or his. I ran downstairs, searched around, and asked a receptionist.

"Did you perhaps see a woman with black hair and grey eyes and a man with brown hair and brown eyes?" I described Cal and Lenna to the receptionist, desperately hoping for any information that could lead me to them. The receptionist furrowed her brow, clearly trying to recall any recent visitors matching the description I provided. After a moment of silence, her eyes widened as if a memory had suddenly resurfaced.

"Yes, I remember seeing the man carrying the woman in his hands. She was unconscious, and he said that she had fainted, and he was taking her to the hospital immediately," the receptionist said, her voice filled with concern. My heart skipped a beat at the mention of Lenna fainting.

"Do you know which hospital they went to?" I asked, my voice trembling with worry. The receptionist quickly consulted her computer screen, her fingers typing away furiously.

"No, I'm so sorry, sir. I do not know which hospital they went to. We have several hospitals in the area, and without more information, it's difficult to determine where they might have gone," she replied apologetically. I felt a surge of frustration and helplessness wash over me, but thank God she was at least with Cal. Unfortunately, neither of them had their phones on them, so I couldn't even try calling to find out where they were.

~Lenna's pov~
I woke up with my head throbbing in pain and my vision blurred. As I tried to move, I realized that I was blindfolded and that my hands were cuffed to something cold and solid. Panic gripped me as I struggled to remember how I ended up in this terrifying situation. The sound of a distant voice reached my ears, but the blindfold prevented me from identifying who it was or where they were.

" I guess you're awake now," a deep voice said, his words laced with amusement. Slowly, he removed my blindfold, and the room came into focus. I blinked several times, trying to adjust to the sudden rush of light. As my eyes adjusted, I noticed that I was in a dimly lit room, its walls adorned with eerie paintings and strange symbols. Where the hell was I?