Only you

~Zuko's pov~

"Ok, so Lenna You enter the restaurant first and meet up with the politician first, and then we will look for a strategic position to oversee the meeting from a distance. Once we have confirmed that the politician is not suspicious, Atlas will discreetly enter the restaurant and act as a waiter, ensuring that everything goes according to plan. Lenna will then strike up a conversation with the politician, subtly gathering information and assessing his intentions. Meanwhile, Zuko will keep an eye out for any signs of danger or suspicious activity in the vicinity. I will also join Lenna in the conversation, posing as a journalist looking for an exclusive interview. This will allow me to gather additional information and provide a cover for our true intentions. Cal and Matteo will discreetly observe the rest of the guests, searching for any potential threats or individuals who may be of interest to our mission. Any questions?" Kamari asked. Everyone in the car listened intently as Kamari outlined the plan.

We all got out of the car and made our way towards the grand entrance of the luxurious hotel.

I glanced towards everyone ahead of us and then at Kamari, who seemed calm and collected, radiating an air of confidence.

I grabbed her hand and led her towards a secluded garden at the back of the hotel.

"Zuko, what the hell?"

"Shh," I whispered, cutting off Kamari's protest. The garden was filled with blooming flowers and the soft sound of a nearby fountain. It provided the perfect spot for a private conversation away from prying eyes. Kamari looked at me, confusion evident in her eyes. I released her hand and gestured for her to follow me further into the garden. As we walked, I could sense her curiosity growing, but she remained silent, trusting my instincts. Finally, we reached a secluded bench nestled under a canopy of trees. 

I motioned for Kamari to sit and joined her, taking a moment to soak in the tranquilly of our surroundings. The gentle breeze rustled the leaves above us, creating a soothing melody that seemed to match the rhythm of our breathing. I glanced at Kamari, her features softened by the dappled moonlight filtering through the foliage. Her eyes sparkled with anticipation—a mix of curiosity and vulnerability. I took a deep breath, gathering my thoughts before breaking the silence that enveloped us.

"Um, so yeah, I wanted to talk-"

"Can't we talk later? We're literally on a mission," Kamari interrupted, her voice laced with impatience. Her gaze shifted from me to the path ahead, her determination evident in the way her jaw clenched. I hesitated, feeling the weight of her words, but the urgency in my chest pushed me forward.

 "I know, but this is important," I replied, my voice steady but filled with a hint of pleading. 

Kamari sighed, her frustration momentarily melting away as she turned to face me fully. 

"Fine, but make it quick," she said, her tone softer now, a sign that she was willing to hear me out.

"So what am I to you?" I began, my heart pounding in my chest as I awaited her response.

"Are you being serious right now? You literally pulled me away from the team to ask me this."

I could see a mixture of confusion and annoyance in Kamari's eyes, but I couldn't let that deter me. I took a deep breath, trying to steady my nerves, and nodded.

"Yes, I am serious. It's been on my mind for a while now, and I couldn't keep it to myself any longer," I confessed, my voice filled with vulnerability.

"First you avoid me for 2 weeks, and now you're springing this on me out of nowhere?" Kamari's voice was tinged with frustration. I knew I had messed up by avoiding her, but I hoped that my honesty now would make up for it.