017 and 041

~Lenna's pov~
"DIE LITTLE SHIT!" I yelled as I fired the gun repeatedly, the sound of gunshots echoing through the air. "Cinnamon Roll, how are you holding up there?" I yelled to him.

He was shooting all the other guards with deadly accuracy, his movements swift and calculated. The chaos of the firefight surrounded us; the scent of gunpowder and fear filled the air. As bullets whizzed past us, I could see the determination in Cinnamon Roll's eyes, his focus unwavering.

"Focus! Why the hell are you asking, How am I doing when we're in the middle of a gunfight?" Cinnamon Roll shouted back, his voice strained but determined.

I chuckled as I killed the last guard for me, the sound of his body hitting the ground echoing through the room.

"Well, because I need to know if my little cinnamon roll is holding up or not," I replied, reloading my weapon and scanning the room for any remaining threats. Cinnamon Roll shot me a playful glare, a mix of annoyance and amusement dancing in his eyes.

"I should have just let you die." He groaned. I laughed, the adrenaline still coursing through my veins.

"Oh, come on now," I said, nudging him with my elbow. "You know you can't resist my charm and impeccable aim."

Cinnamon Roll rolled his eyes but couldn't hide the smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"Anyways, what now?" He asked. I tossed him a quick smirk before turning my attention to the aftermath of the battle. The room was littered with debris, and the stench of gunpowder lingered in the air. I took a moment to catch my breath, the rush of the fight slowly fading away. 

"Well," I started, surveying the room. " How many guards were there in total again?" Cinnamon Roll let out a low whistle, his eyes scanning the room just as mine were.

"I counted at least twelve," he replied, his voice tinged with a hint of exhaustion. I nodded, mentally calculating our chances of escape. Taking down twelve guards was no easy feat, even for someone with my skills. But we had come this far, and failure was not an option. I could feel the weight of the mission pressing on my shoulders, urging me to come up with a plan and a way to ensure our success.

"Mmh, so where was the exit again?" I asked, trying to mask the unease in my voice. Cinnamon Roll's eyes narrowed slightly, a flicker of uncertainty crossing his face.

"It's through the east wing," he replied, his voice steady.

"Lead the way, your majesty," I said, gesturing for him to take the lead. He rolled his eyes playfully, but I could sense a hint of relief in his expression. With a newfound determination, we began our journey through the dimly lit corridors of the castle. The air was heavy with anticipation, each step echoing in the silence as we navigated the maze-like structure. As we approached the east wing, the sound of distant voices grew louder, heightening our senses and reminding us of the imminent danger that awaited us. Cinnamon Roll glanced back at me, a mix of apprehension and trust in his eyes.

"You go out first," I whispered to Cinnamon Roll, patting him gently on the back. He nodded, understanding the plan, and slowly made his way towards the entrance of the east wing. I followed closely behind, keeping my senses alert for any sign of trouble. The voices grew louder, and their words became clearer as we got closer. It was a group of men, and their conversation was filled with malice and arrogance. My heart raced as we neared the corner, where we would have a clear view of the room they were in. Cinnamon Roll peered around the corner, his eyes widening at what he saw. Inside the room, dimly lit by a single flickering bulb, stood rows of high-tech equipment, emitting an eerie blue glow. The men, dressed in black suits and wearing earpieces, seemed to be engrossed in their conversation, unaware of our presence. Cinnamon Roll motioned for me to stay put, his eyes filled with determination and a touch of fear.