Traffic Lights

~Next day~

~Lenna's pov~

I tugged at my skirt , trying to smooth out any wrinkles that might have formed, and touched up my lipstick with the help of the reflection of the car window.

"Lenna, that's the third time you have applied that lipstick ," Matteo teased, raising an eyebrow. "Trying to impress someone?" 

I playfully rolled my eyes at his comment.

"Oh, please, Matteo. I don't need to impress anyone, especially not you," I chuckled as I fixed my hair too, making sure it cascaded down my shoulders in loose waves.

"Well, someone seems confident today," he said, a mischievous glint in his eyes. I shot him a playful smirk before turning my attention back to the passing scenery outside. The city was bustling with activity; the streets were filled with people going about their daily routines.

"Well, today is the first time all of us are going on an undercover mission," I replied, my voice dripping with sarcasm. "And I must say, I am quite excited to see how our fabulous disguises will fool everyone."

He let out a laugh, clearly amused by my sass.

"Oh, trust me, darling," he said, leaning closer. "With your style and attitude, no one will suspect a thing."

I placed my finger on his chin and made him face forward , gesturing for him to focus on the task at hand.

"As much as I appreciate the compliment, I don't want to die young, so eyes on the road, please," I said, my tone turning serious. 

He chuckled again, his eyes twinkling mischievously.

"Don't worry, sweetheart. I may be a bit of a risk-taker, but I assure you, I'll keep my eyes on the road," he assured me, his voice dripping with confidence. I couldn't help but roll my eyes, knowing that his charm alone had gotten us out of many dangerous situations before.

"Um guys, did you forget I'm still here?" Cal groaned from the backseat, interrupting our banter. We both turned to him, momentarily forgetting his presence in the excitement of our conversation.

"No, Cal, we didn't forget about you," I said, trying to sound reassuring. "We were just caught up in the moment. By the way, look dashing, Cal. That suit really brings out your eyes." I winked at Cal, hoping to lighten the mood. He rolled his eyes and muttered something under his breath, but I could see a faint blush on his cheeks.

"What about me? Am I dashing too?" Matteo asked , turning his attention away from the road for a moment.

" Oh, Matteo," I said playfully, "you're always dashing. But Cal here really knows how to steal the show."

Cal shot me a sideways glance and smirked, clearly amused by my teasing.

"Don't worry," I added with a sly grin, "there's enough dashing to go around for both of you."

Matteo scoffed and rolled his eyes, pretending to be offended by my comment.

"So do you both want something to eat before we go pick up the other three?" Matteo asked, eager to satisfy our appetites before continuing our journey. Cal nodded enthusiastically, his eyes bright with anticipation.

"Definitely," he replied with a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

"Yes! I want something spicy, though!" I chimed in , feeling a sudden craving for the fiery flavors that would surely add an extra kick to our adventure. Matteo chuckled, clearly amused by our enthusiasm for food.

"Alright then, spicy it is," he said as he turned the steering wheel towards a nearby street lined with vibrant food stalls. The air was filled with the mouthwatering aroma of various spices and sizzling meats, enticing our senses and fueling our anticipation. As we parked the car and stepped out onto the bustling street, the sound of laughter and sizzling pans filled the air, creating a lively atmosphere that matched our excitement.