Birthday

~Lenna's pov~

I reached his house with the cake in my hands and a nervous flutter in my stomach. It had taken me hours to perfect the intricate design on top, with each swirl and pearl carefully crafted to reflect his favorite colors. As I stood outside his front door, I took a deep breath, reminding myself to stay calm.

I was going to shout happy birthday at the top of my lungs as soon as he opened the door.

I rang the doorbell and waited anxiously for him to answer. My heart raced as I imagined his surprised expression and the joy that would light up his eyes when he saw the cake. The seconds felt like an eternity, and I fidgeted with the hem of my dress, trying to distract myself from the nerves. Finally, the sound of footsteps approached the door, and my anticipation grew. The door opened wide.

"HAPPY BIRTH-"I gasped.

A man who I had never seen before came out. He was shirtless and holding a pair of sweatpants. Confusion flooded my mind as I quickly realized I had mistaken the address. Embarrassment spread across my face as I stammered an apology and turned to leave. The urge to laugh at the absurdity of the situation bubbled up inside me, but I managed to maintain composure as I swiftly made my exit, vowing to double-check addresses in the future. I ran to the opposite house and knocked on the door, hoping that this time I had found the right place.

I overheard something.

"Kane, I'm so sick and tired of this. Help me put this on!" I paused, my curiosity piqued by the frantic tone in the voice I had just heard.

Just then, the door opened wide.

"Oh, is the delivery-?" Matteo froze. His eyes widened. He looked like he was trying to get into a suit. The sight of Matteo, stunned and frozen at the doorway, only added to my confusion.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MATTEO!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, surprising both Matteo and myself. Confetti exploded in the air, showering us with colorful paper. Matteo's frozen expression slowly transformed into a wide grin, his eyes sparkling with a mixture of surprise and delight.

I handed him the cake.

"Happy birthday, baby ," I said, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek. His grin grew even wider as he took the cake. He bit his lips, and a blush crept up his cheeks, making him even more adorable.

He suddenly pulled me by my waist with his free arm, his grip firm yet gentle. I let out a small gasp of surprise, feeling a rush of excitement and butterflies in my stomach. As he held me close, our bodies pressing together, I could feel his warmth and heartbeat against mine.

"Thank you, darling," he whispered in my ear, his voice filled with love and gratitude.

I looked behind him and then back at him.

"Is by any chance my brother with you?" I asked suspiciously, my eyebrows furrowing with suspicion. He chuckled softly, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

"No, love. It's just you and me tonight," he replied, a mischievous smile playing on his lips.

I chuckled softly, matching his mischievous grin.

"Ok, so what do you want to-"

"Amusement park." He said with no hesitation , almost like he had rehearsed it. I was taken aback by his immediate response.

"An amusement park?" I repeated, my curiosity growing. He nodded eagerly, his excitement contagious.

"Yes! Let's go on all the rides, eat cotton candy, and have a blast," he exclaimed, his enthusiasm filling the room. I couldn't help but smile at his childlike joy.