Something Like Lemons

~Still Lenna's pov~

"Tell me everything," I demanded, my voice steady despite the storm of thoughts swirling in my mind. I released my grip on his hair, allowing him a momentary respite from the pain. His eyes darted around the dimly lit room, but before he could say something, someone shot him, making blood splatter all over my face and body. I froze, my heart pounding in my chest, as the lifeless body slumped to the ground. The room fell into an eerie silence, broken only by the sound of my own ragged breaths. Blood dripped from my face, mingling with the tears that welled up in my eyes. His men looked at me in shock when Matteo came running in.

"Lenna, I'm here-" He gasped, seeing the bloody gun in my hands and the dead man on the floor.

His eyes darted between the lifeless body on the floor and me, the bloodied and trembling figure standing amidst the chaos. Time seemed to slow down as we locked eyes, the weight of the situation hanging heavily in the air. My mind raced, desperately searching for words to explain what had just unfolded, but my voice failed me. All I could manage was a choked sob as I dropped the gun to the ground, the metallic thud echoing through the room.

"You killed him.." He whispered in disbelief, his voice trembling with a mix of shock and anger. The room fell silent, the only sound being the heavy breathing and the distant sirens growing louder outside.

"I-I didn't... I SWEAR I Didn't kill HIM!" I pleaded, my voice cracking under the weight of my denial. The realization of what had transpired began to sink in, and panic gripped me like a vice. How could I convince him—or anyone—that I was innocent? The evidence laid before us was damning and irrefutable. Tears ran down my face. My past was repeating itself. The memories flooded back, haunting me with their familiarity. It was as if time had folded in on itself, bringing me back to a dark place I thought I had escaped. The accusations, the doubt, the feeling of being trapped in a web of lies and betrayal. I had spent years rebuilding my life, trying to distance myself from the mistakes of my past, but now it seemed like all my efforts were in vain. The weight of guilt and despair threatened to consume me once again. As I looked around the room, searching for a glimmer of understanding or compassion, all I saw were skeptical eyes and cold, judgmental stares.

I started to sob uncontrollably, unable to contain the overwhelming emotions that surged through me. The tears streamed down my face, each drop carrying the weight of my past and present struggles. It felt as though the walls were closing in on me, suffocating me with the weight of my own remorse. The room seemed to grow colder, and the air was thick with tension and disbelief. I desperately longed for someone to reach out, to offer a comforting hand or a kind word, but all I received were whispers of disbelief and murmurs of condemnation. My sobs grew louder, echoing through the room, yet no one seemed to care until someone hugged me. Their arms wrapped around me tightly, providing a much-needed anchor in the storm of my emotions. It was a simple gesture, but in that moment, it felt like a lifeline. I buried my face in their shoulder, allowing myself to finally let go and release the pain that had been building up inside me. I looked at the person, and it was the last person I thought would reach out to comfort me—Matteo..

"Shh~ Don't cry?" he whispered softly, concern etched in his eyes and almost like a casted a spell on me my sobs slowly started to subside. It was a side of him I had never seen before, and it made me question everything I thought I knew about him.

As I tried to collect myself, I managed to whisper, "Thank you."

His grip tightened slightly, as if to reassure me that he was there for me.

"Did you actually kill him?"

"No.." I whispered into his chest. "But you won't believe me."

He pulled away slightly, his eyes searching mine for any sign of deception. I could see the conflict in his expression, torn between wanting to trust me and the doubts that lingered in his mind.