PART 33

Narrator
"There's no way you lost to Kim Cheol. That isn't possible." The boss said. "And where've you been? You look so scruffy."

"I lost, but I left a bullet in his back, rendering him useless." Kai said. "He's a serious issue. I ran away and hid from the police to make sure I got back to you."

"Alright, you can go." The boss sighed.

Meanwhile, Minji and Cheol were walking back from the gym after her fifth day of training.

Minji's POV
I'm still not sure if it's a good idea for us to continue like this, but resisting is so difficult it's barely even a choice anymore.

We hold hands while walking again. His touch feels so secure and soft. It's like the opposite to the presence he used to give off. His old prescence was scary and menacing, but now it's cuddly and shielding.

"You're progressing a lot faster than I'd thought," He said.

"That so?" I said.

As we walk, I notice his legs are starting to give in and become tired despite the crutches.

"Your legs." I pointed out. "You can't overdo them, come on, I'll carry you on my back."

"No, it's fine. I'm fine." He assured.

"Don't be ridiculous," I insisted. "Hurry."

He mounted me and I continued walking.

"This feels strange." He mentioned.

"Put your arms around me, or you'll fall off." I said, struggling to look at him.

He did as I told. He embraced my body, hugging it tightly. It startled me in a good way.

We opened the front door and I put him down.

"Aren't you two getting along?" Danielle commented.

I stayed quiet and went upstairs to clean up.

Y/n's POV
"You okay?" Hanni asked me. "You have to take care of yourself."

I'd been laying in bed for days, thinking about my dad. Haerin was next to my bed, curled up like a ball. I guess she'd been waiting to get a chance to speak to me.

It was time for me to get back on my feet. I stand up, and go brush my teeth. Haerin follows behind me.

"Y/n," she began.

"Hm?" I groaned.

"Can we talk?" She asked.

"Sure, just wait for me to finish up." I answered.

We sat down together.

"What's this about?" I asked.

"Have you got any idea why Cheolie's treating me like this?" She said.

"Like what? I missed a lot in mourning." I said.

"He doesn't want to talk to me anymore. Like he hates me. I don't understand, what did I do wrong?" She said.

"Haerin, have you forgotten?" Hanni appeared, she was listening the whole time. "You ditched him to be with Y/n,"