PART 53

Narrator

Things were going great for Danielle and Y/n.. perfect even, a little TOO perfect... but not so much for Cheol and Haerin.

Cheol's POV

We gathered around the TV to watch a movie Danielle liked.

"Haven't we seen this before?" Hyein said.

"Rewatches are always great." Y/n said.

Chaewon and Minji brought us popcorn, and we got comfortable in blankets.

"What're we watching?" Wonyoung walked in.

Wonyoung. I can't stop looking at her, but I don't know why.

"Cheolie..." Haerin tugged at my shirt again.

"Yeah?" I answered her, snapping out of it.

"Why do you keep looking at her?" She whispered, with a bit a visible frustration on her face.

"He can look at who he wants," Wonyoung bumped in. "Why do you care so much anyways?"

"Why are you poking your nose in?" Haerin responded.

"Oh.. wait, are you two a thing? 'Cause if you are, I'm sorry if I interrupted anything." Wonyoung apologized.

"What? No, we're not, we're just friends." I whispered.

"Huh? No-" Haerin was interjected.

"Shhh!" Minji shushed.

"Why is she so mad if you aren't even together?" Wonyoung hissed.

"Mind your own, weirdo." Haerin told her.

"Hey, don't be mean to her, what's the matter with you lately?" I whispered.

"I don't like her," Haerin whispered back.

"That's your opinion, but why can't I talk to her?" I whispered.

"Because.." Haerin pondered. "B-because I said so."

"That answer doesn't even mean anything," Wonyoung whispered. "Whatever, I'm gonna go hang around elsewhere."

She got up, and so did I, but Haerin pulled me back down.

"No, seriously." I whispered. "Why're you acting like this?"

"Stop looking at her, look at me instead." She let out.

"Haerin, you left me for.. that guy." I explained, nodding at Haruto. "Loyalty is one of the qualities I value most. If you don't have that, then we can't be together."

"But-"

"Why would you even leave me for him?" I asked. "What was it all for?"

"I-I don't know.." she mumbled. "He talked me into it, I can't describe it."

"God damn it, Haerin," I got angry. "So much hassle could've been avoided. Do you think switching partners makes you feel better about yourself?"