Abandoned (rottmnt)

This will be a series of stories where mikey will become the last ronin, but sike! He doesn't actually, his brothers just dissapear for a long LONG time and when they come back, they'll face their little brother and explore the conditions he's been living on and the effects of their dissapearence on the world they once called home.

During the Kraang's invasion, Michelangelo standed and watched all of his older brother being sucked through a portal and leaving him alone, as much as they all tried to fight it, the portal's suction won and took them away, Mikey was now alone in the Kraang infested subways, the Kraang eyes all turn to him as thousands of tentacles try to capture and attack him, he flees in fear, crying and desperate about his brothers, trying to reach out to them through the communicators, but to no avail, they were out of reach, he eventually was able to get out of there and scape, meeting his dad not so long after.

Raphael, Leonardo and Donatello got lost in between dimensions, somewhere in between their world and the prison dimension, an odd place where time and space collide and collapse in an endless and messy cycle where nothing makes sense, the brothers see eachother drifting away into the unknown space and in a panic, they all activate their nynpo, fusing their abilities temporarily and creating an orb of protection that works a lot like a capsule, mixing Raph's protection, Leo's interdimensional powers and Donnie's tech based nynpo, they make a perfect capsule to keep themselves safe from the time affects of that bizarre place, while they try to come up with a plan, for a moment they think Mikey, as the emotional expert, would be able to help them figure out how to better control their powers, but when they called out for him, he was nowhere to be seen, Donnie checks the tracker to find out that he's still on earth, all alone, probably at the mercy of the Kraang.

After what felt like a couple of hours, the brothers freaked out, settled down, tried to come up with a plan and together, they helped Leonardo open a portal back to earth, they break the protective capsule and jump for the portal, they began transitioning from celebrating their scape to being worried sick about Michelangelo and potentially the whole entire world and universe! Until Donnie turns their attention back to the city that seems... normal, no apocalypse is going on, everything is normal and perfectly fine, they are severely confused until they see a calendar that said that they were two years ahead in the future, Leo and Raph start an argument, thinking Leo might have messed up the portal and made them travel through time or something, while Donnie runs some tests and calculations and concludes that. No, nor Leo or any of them messed anything up, that was their home, the exact place where the came from, and the place they were supposed to be.

They looked around, plerpexed and confused, Donnie comes to the conclusion that the pocket dimension they were in caused time to pass by differently to the, even thoug they didn't age a single day due to the mystic capsule they were on, Raph checked the side of the building they were on top of and saw a manhole leading straight to the sewers, he immediatly remembered about Mikey, picking up his two middle brothers and running towards their new Lair in the subways, only to find it abandoned and empty, their stuff was all gone and there was no one home, they entered what once was their living room and were met with what at first seemed like some weird graffiti with candles below it, but upon analysing it a bit deeper, they found a small memorial for the three of them. 

The graffiti was an abstract painting with reds, blues and purples to represent them and the candles were lit up on their honor, behind the candles, there were some framed pictures of them with a small pile of letters for each one of them, they had Mikey's, Splinter's, April's and even Draxum's handwriting on them, each family member wrote a message for them, wishing them farewells and peace in the after life, they.... thought they were dead... But where is everyone? There's some incense still burning out so that meant someone was there recently, probably earlier or not too long ago, whoever was there surely went home by now, but where should they look for them? An idea popped in their minds, maybe the Sewer home? It was a bit dumb but if it's been so long, it was probably enough time for their original home to be repaired.

With nothing else to really go by, the four made their way to the sewers and went back home, they were surprised to see the place fully fixed and seeming almost brand new, but they do get startled when they hear the sound of a loud gasp, their brother and father, Mikey and Splinter walked on their arrival and were utterly shocked to see, what they had firstly assumed, the ghosts/spirits of their deseased family, despite Splinter being on the verge of a heart attack, Michael approaches them, already crying, he is visibly older now, a bit taller too, probably somewhere around Raph's or Donnie's age, he was wearing robotic enhancements strapped on his arms, the skin in his arms was more faded and pale in color from a bit above his elbow to his very fingertips, it's been so long since they last saw him that he literally had time to grow some hair, some dark and black hair, just like Lou Jitsu/Splinter when he was still young, except it is a bit more sharp and somewhat wavy.

The brothers stared at eachother for a few seconds before Michelangelo ran to them as Raphael welcomed him with open arms, literally, Mikey jumped on them and Raph immediately caught him with a big and tight hug while his little brother whimpered and cried on his shoulder for how much he missed his big brothers, which surprisingly, he was still not taller than any of them, still being a solid 1.75 centimeters shorter than Leonardo, the second youngest of the bunch.

Now going onto some facts and plot ideas for this:

*Mikey defeated the Kraang on his own, trapping them all in their ship, tearing up a portal in the sky, and using his magic chains to pull and push it through the portal, he was going to end just like his future self when sending Casey back in time, he would have desintegrated right there if it wasn't for Splinter, in the fear of losing his only remaining son, he summoned the strenght of the Hamato clan to limitate the damage of his power overuse, but once the ship finally went through, an explosion happened, his magic also exploded in his very hand, he fell uncounsious for three weeks until he woke up.

*And sadly, the damage caused to his arms made him lose the mobility and sense of touch in both of them, it was like if hididn't had anything from his elbows down, he considered amputating them since they're useless now, but Shelldon came up with the idea oh making enhancements for his arms since it would be easier to manage and make than a whole new protesis, Mikey agreed to it and now he had this cool gadget strapped to his arms that alowed him to move his joints, arm and fingers however he pleased, even though his touch is probably pemanently damaged and he was still unable to move his hands freely.

*Draxum helped build tha enhancement to better suit his mystic abilities in case he needs to use them again.

*The same way humans LOSE hair when stressed, the turtles GROW hair when stressed, they just shave it when it happens.

*Splinter tries and tried his best to help his youngest son, doing everything in his power so he won't over-work himself out of boredom or do anything like that, going as far as to make all of the chores of the house because Mikey was sick but didn't want to sit still, he had to remove his enhancements and wrap him up into a burrito turtle to make him stop,dutting him by his side as they made a marathon of Lou Jitsu movies.

*April comes to visit way more frequently to check on Mikey's mental health that declined a bit after losing his brothers.

*Casey just kinda moved in with Michelangelo and Splinter, he likes to sleep in Leonardo's room a lot, but he also can opt with sleeping in Mikey's bed to make them both feel better, Mikey also sleeps in all of his big brother's rooms, as a way of comfort, Casey also follows him there when he wants a sleepover cuddles.

*The three older brothers are quite unsure of Mikey's arm condition, but once they find out what happened, they took the fault into their own hands.