Temporary amnesia (2018/rottmnt)

Mikey is hit in the head by a mysterious yokai laser that almost immediately knocked him out, freaking the heck out of Mikey's brothers, who just panicked and stopped everything they were doing to take him home for a check up, which Raph calls Draxum because he should probably know what hit his baby bro, and he did, it was a laser that temporarily disables one's memories for a few days, it doesn't have any side effects unless it's used more than once, meaning Mikey was most likely safe from any complications, he just got a bit of a scar in the side of his head, a big and a bit nasty spot was revealing his raw flesh and was a bit hard to manage, but it quickly healed, it doesn't take long until Mikey wakes up.

🟠 - "Uuurrrgh.... wha.....uhh..."

🟣 - "Oh, hey, Angelo. Had a nice rest? Let me check your vitals.... eh.... yeah, everything seems ok, how are you feeling? Any pain? Discomfort? Dizziness?"

🟠 - "........... who..... are you?"

🟣 - "Oh, right! Amnesia... so... well... I'm Donatello, your second oldest brother and right now I'm checking on your well being, any more questions?"

🟠 - ".... I'm hungry."

🟣 - "That is.... NOT a question! But ok, I'll bring you some hot soup and see how well it goes down, shall we?"

🟠 - "I guess...?"

As soon as Donatello leaves the room, Michelangelo gets up and starts wondering around, exploring his surroundings while trying to understand what was going on, he hears some comotion coming from outside, he leaves the medbay to check out what was going on, meeting Leo and Raph in the living room, talking with eachother on what to do about Mikey, who was curious, watching the two big guys talking over an interesting tv show, that was mostly being ignored in favor of the discussion of the two, but the show drew Michelangelo's attention, he didn't know what was passing on the screen, but it was colorful and the music was up-beat and cheerful.

Mikey wanted to watch the show, but he didn't know how to talk to Leo and Raph, in his head, those were two strangers and he was shy, but he got a wacky idea that would allow him to get to the tv without having to face the two guys, he climbs up to the ceiling and quietly claws his way up to an armchair and basically drops himself on top of the armchair, almost breaking it and startling his older brothers, Mikey sat up with his legs crossed and deeply focused on what's going on in the show.

🔴 - "Uh.... hey... buddy.... is everything alright?"

🟠 - "...."

🔵 - "Dude, you could've broke pop's chair, what are you doing up? You're supposed to be resting."

🟠 - "....? Are you talking to me?"

🔵 - "What..."

🔴 - "Yeah, buddy. We're worried about you, are you feeling alright?"

🟠 - "Yeah... I guess... who are you?"

🔴 - "Ahhh... I'm Raph, this one's Leo, will you let us take you back to bed?"

🟠 - "Bed? Awww, do I have to? That bed is so uncomfy.."

🔵 - "You mean the medbay bed? Oh no, we're taking you to a real bed this time, how's that?"

🟠 - "Woah... really? I'd love to!"

🔴 - *pulls Leo aside* "Uhhh... what bed are you talking about? Mikey sleeps on a hammock."

🔵 - "I know, that's why I'm taking him to YOUR bed."

🔴 - "WHAT?!"

🔵 - "Your bed is the most comfy of them all, bro. We all like to stop by to chill in your room."

🔴 - "So THAT'S why my room is always messy?! Even after I clean it?"

🔵 - "Hey, no hard feelings, right? We can't help it."

🔴- *sigh* "Fine, he can stay in my room for now."

🔵 - "Thanks, Raphie."

Leo ends up taking Mikey to Raph's room and the two chill there for a bit.

🟠 - "Hey, uh... Leo? Is... that's your name right?"

🔵 - "Yep, wassup?"

🟠 - "So uh.... why are you guys.... caring for me again? What happened to me?"

🔵 - "Oh, well that's.... uh... let's just say you had a little incident and... as our youngest brother, we have something like an instinct of ALWAYS worrying about you and... well, you got hurt, pretty badly, and we feel like we failed to protect you.... but everything's alright now."

🟠 - "So you guys saw me getting hurt and are now taking care of me because my injury made you feel impotent, in a way?"

🔵 - ".... uh... Idk, kinda?"

🟠 - "Mmmmmmmmmmm..... I think I know how to fix this!"

After hearing this, Leonardo lights up with excitement, believing that this meant that a part of Mikey (possibly Dr. Feelings) was surfacing again, the two gathered Raph and Donnie and Mikey asks them to take him to the deepest pit they know of, which immediately raises an eyebrow in both Donnie and Raph, but Leo was so convinced that everything was fine that he just lead the reckless amnesiac to a deep, dark and dangerous pit in the sewers.

🔵 - "Ok bro, that should be it, so.... what's the plaaaaAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!"

🔴🟣 - "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!"

Michelangelo, without any warning, dived heads first into the pit and let himself be taken by gravity in an alarming speed, Leo was the first to dive in after him, Donnie just freaked out and catched Leo by the ankles, falling down in the process, and Raph nearly fainted but caught Donatello by his ankles as well, Leo was holding Mikey by the wrists, shocked and trying to swallow his heart that had jumped to his throat, Donnie's brain just shut down because of the panic and Raph got so scared that all of the air in his lungs just vanished in a fraction of a second, leaving him breathless, Leo just looked at his little brother, that was more confused than relieved for being saved.

🔵 - "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!?"

🟠 - "You were supposed to let me fall."

🔵🟣🔴 - "WHAT?!"

🟠 - "You know.... exposure therapy."

🔵 - "EXPOSURE THERAPY?! YOU COULD HAVE DIED!!"

🟠 - "But it was going to show you guys that you can't protect me all the time and that this is okay."

🔵 - "YOU'RE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE RIGHT NOW, JUST YOU WAIT UNTIL WE GET HOME, RAPH!!! PULL US UP!"

🟣 - "He can't."

🔵 - "What do you MEAN he can't?!!"

🟣 - "We're going to have to wait for a little while until Mr. Papa Bear Hug catches his breath, I can hear him wheezing from here."

🔴 - *Literally crying* "I can't breathe...."

🔵 - "Oh... great...."

After a couple of minutes hanging in there, Raph manages to pull everyone back up and they drag Mikey back home to make sure he doesn't go in any more suicidal quests for no reason, good thing that the amnesia thing just lasted 3 days before Mikey came back to his old self, with no memories of what happened during his amnesia times and with a new orange spot, just like the ones he has on his shoulders and tighs, but bigger, right on top of where his scar used to be, his brothers told him a very vague explanation of what happened to not freak him out, because outside of the pit dive, Michelangelo got himself in plenty more mischief in those few days.

He accidentally set the bathroom on fire while rediscovering his fire powers.

He crushed Master Splinter after jumping on top of him while he slept in late.

He made his brothers start a search party for him after he decided to play hide and seek (without telling them they were playing) and falling asleep in his hiding spot (a box inside a cabinet in Donnie's lab that no one even knew he could fit inside)

And the many times his brothers caught him standing in the corner of their rooms in the middle of the night watching them sleep.

And... yeah, I guess that's it.