Chapter 24 - War for Eldriador - Pt 1

The tournament arena was abuzz with activity as everyone prepared for the invasion of the palace. Criminals and mages gathered their supplies, weapons, and magic for the mission ahead.

As Quinn was checking her supplies, Queen Sofia approached her. "Quinn, I need to apologize," she said, looking remorseful.

Quinn turned to her, raising an eyebrow in surprise. "Apologize? For what?"

"Forced engagement to Prince Alexander," Queen Sofia said. "If we hadn't done that, none of this would have happened. I should have trusted your instincts."

Quinn's expression softened as she saw the sincerity in the queen's eyes. "It's okay, Your Majesty," she said. "We're all in this together now."

Queen Sofia nodded, looking grateful for the forgiveness. "I promise to trust your decisions in the future," she added.

Quinn smiled, feeling a weight lifted off her shoulders. "Thank you, Your Majesty," she said.

The group held their breath as they made their way through the sewage-filled river, their hearts pounding with anticipation. They knew that their mission was dangerous, but they were determined to save Queen Sofia and Princess Quinn from the clutches of Prince Alexander.

Finally, they arrived at a ladder that led up to a drainage drain. Climbing up, they entered the detainment ward, but their hearts sank as they were confronted by guards and King Scott himself. The atmosphere was tense as they faced off against the king, unsure of how to proceed.

Quinn stepped forward, her eyes pleading as she tried to convince her father. "Father, please. You have to see that Prince Alexander is only using you to control Eldriador. He's been manipulating you with Merioid."

Queen Sofia nodded in agreement. "Quinn is right. We need to join forces to stop him and save our people."

But as they spoke, Erika noticed something off about King Scott. His eyes were bloodshot, and he was foaming at the mouth. "Wait," she said, stepping forward. "I don't think he's able to reason with us right now. He's beyond the influence of Merioid."

The group looked at each other in worry, unsure of what to do next.

"Go," said Queen Sofia to Quinn and the others. "Stop Prince Alexander. Adonis and I will bring your father back to his senses."

Quinn nodded, knowing that time was of the essence. As they rushed past Queen Sofia, a gust of wind circled around King Scott's fist, creating wind drills. He was preparing to fight Queen Sofia and Adonis.

Adonis smirked. "Not exactly the kind of reunion I was hoping for," he quipped.

Quinn and her friends ran through the dimly lit halls of the palace, their footsteps echoing off the marble floors. Adrenaline coursed through their veins as they darted past guards and servants, their eyes fixed on the grand staircase ahead.

Their hearts pounding, they raced up the steps, taking them two at a time. The tension in the air was palpable, each breath feeling like it could be their last. Finally, they burst through the doors of the guest chambers, their eyes fixed on Prince Alexander and his army of mages.

Prince Alexander turned to face them, a wicked grin on his face. "Ah, Quinn," he said, his voice dripping with malice. "So good of you to join us."

Quinn's heart pounded in her chest as she confronted Prince Alexander. "Why are you doing all this? Don't you care about your kingdom?" she asked, trying to understand his motives.

Prince Alexander let out a cunning laugh. "Oh, but I am making my kingdom better," he replied with a smirk. "We are the most prosperous and technologically advanced kingdom in the land. And the next step in making Rivenwood even better is to expand our territory."