Chapter 7: Time to Come Together

Only a couple hours had passed since the little musical performance in the cafeteria, but it was already paying off. Kevin and his friends were walking through the hallways. He smiled upon seeing nearly everyone wearing the pony ears and tails from before. Rarity giggled in delight.

"Doesn't everyone just look fabulous?"

"This was a really great idea, Rarity." Kevin said. Rarity blushed, twirling one of her curls.

"Kevin, you are far too kind, darling!" She said happily.

The atmosphere of the hallway turned colder as Sunset Shimmer, Snips, and Snails rounded the corner. Students frowned and glared at her, but Sunset paid them no mind. Something was strange about her, though. Sunset was walking by with a smirk on her face, completely unphased by the unity of the students. Kevin frowned; why wasn't she angry? He thought that she would be in a complete rage over what they'd done during lunch.

"I dunno what she's smilin' about," Applejack scoffed. "I mean, Twilight is the one who's gonna win the Fall Formal." However, Sunset Shimmer didn't give her or any of the girls any attention, just continuing to walk past with a smile on her face. Snips and Snails were following as well, with Snails covering his mouth to hide his giggles and Snips pointing at his eyes and then towards Kevin. Well, something definitely was going on.

"I don't know, girls. I got a bad feeling that Sunset and her lackeys are up to something," Kevin warned. He was on high alert now, and it was only a matter of time before Sunset tipped her hand.

"What do you think she did?" Twilight asked, but before Kevin could answer, Sunset was already enacting her plan. They watched as she knocked on the office door of Vice Principal Luna and waited for an answer. The vice principal opened the door, and Sunset immediately put on her most distraught and innocent face.

"Vice Principal Luna, something terrible has happened!" She cried. "It's the gymnasium! Come quick!" She ushered the woman to follow her before she could ask any questions. While it was a bit unorthodox, she was intrigued as to what could be the matter. Plus, the display was attracting the attention of a few students, and she wanted to avoid that as much as possible. She looked to the hallways and sighed.

"Alright, everyone, just go about your day. Let's go, Sunset Shimmer." Luna said as both she and Sunset made their way to the gym.

Once they got there, Sunset revealed the horrible truth: the gymnasium was completely wrecked! Decorations lay destroyed and torn on the ground, centered around a shattered disco ball in the center of the room. Tables were overturned and broken, balloons not floating, chairs scattered across the floor; it was a disaster! Luna stared at the mess with shock as Sunset internally laughed at her perfect this was going. She picked up the same innocent act.

"Isn't this just awful? And after Pinkie Pie worked so hard to make things so perfect! Why would Twilight Sparkle and Kevin Trident do something like this?" Sunset accused, receiving a confused look from the vice principal.

"Why would you think Kevin and Twilight had anything to do with this?"

"Because I have proof!" Sunset said, pulled out a manilla folder and gave it to Luna. However, unbeknownst to both of them, there was a witness to this whole exchange: Flash Sentry. As Luna read through the evidence that Sunset provided, he ducked away and left the scene.

"This doesn't look good. Kevin and Twilight are in trouble! There's gotta be a way I can help them." He said to himself.

A little while later, Kevin and Twilight were called to the vice principal's office for a meeting. When they got there, the office was dark, only illuminated by the light shining through the spaces of the closed blinds in the room. Vice Principal Luna was standing by the window with the folder given to her in her arms. She had her arms crossed as she told the two to take a seat. They took a seat at the desk, slightly intimidated by the nature of the room before they were told of their crimes: destroying the gymnasium right before the Fall Formal was to be taking place.