Chapter 8: An Unforgettable Evening

Once the gym was cleaned and school had ended, Kevin and the girls returned to the Carousel Boutique to prepare for the night ahead. Fluttershy let out a tired sigh as she stepped in.

"I still can't believe we pulled that off."

"I can! We're awesome!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

Rarity yanked over a rack of dresses, the sound of the wheels catching everyone's attention. "Enough chatter! We need to get ready AND look fabulous!" Rarity had a wide grin on her face as she showed off some dresses.

"Alright, well, while you guys sort out your dresses, I'm gonna head home to get ready for the dance." Kevin waved to the girls, about to head out the door.

"Wait, Kevin! Can we ask a favor of you?" Rarity called after him. "Do you mind if we get a ride with you to the dance?"

"Sure!" Kevin said. "I've got a car big enough for all of us."

"Sounds great! So just meet us back here when you're ready, sugarcube!" Applejack said.

"Got it. See you guys later!" Kevin waved to his friends. He got in his car, finding that the sun was already starting to set! He only had so much time to get ready. Kevin said a rushed greeting to his parents after he got home, before dashing up the stairs to his room. He had the perfect outfit for tonight! Kevin changed out of his casual clothes into something more suited for dancing. He changed into an orange sleeveless hoodie and put a black leather jacket over it. The jacket was accented with yellow stripes on the collar and sleeves. He put on sleek, black pants and black shoes that matched his jacket. Kevin did up his hair in spiky layers. When he was finished, he looked at himself in the mirror. Kevin winked and finger gunned at his appearance. "Lookin good," He mumbled. With that, he headed back downstairs to find his parents waiting for him.

"What do you guys think?" He asked. His parents were smiling - his dad gave him a thumbs up while his mother looked a bit unsure.

"You're gonna kill it tonight, son!" Alex said excitedly.

"Well, I was thinking you were going to wear a suit tonight. But you look nice anyways, dear." Rose said. Kevin seemed happy, so who was she to put him down?

"One more thing!" Alex ran into the kitchen, and then came back out with a pair of red sunglasses and a lion necklace. Alex put the sunglasses on Kevin's head, and then clasped the pendant around his neck. "There ya go!"

"It's perfect, dad, thanks!" Kevin grinned and hugged his father.

"You're welcome, son." Alex patted his son's back.

"So, will Twilight become princess tonight?" Rose asked, sounding a little worried.

"She has to! No, I know she will!" Kevin declared. "A lot of people are really angry with Sunset Shimmer, so they'll vote for Twilight for sure."

"Now, Kevin, I know you don't like it when we ask these questions, but...do you have a date tonight?" Alex asked, grinning hopefully. Kevin sighed.

"No, dad. I'm going with Twilight and her friends. As FRIENDS." Kevin stressed the word 'friends', making his dad sigh.

"Well, you better go before you're late! You don't want to keep those lovely girls waiting!" Rose said, nudging Kevin towards the door.

"Okay, bye, mom! Bye, dad!" Kevin waved to his parents. They heard the engine of his car start, and then Rose turned to Alex with her hands on her hips.

"What was that, Alex?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Think about it! Our son is so popular at his school already! He's bound to get a girlfriend eventually, maybe even more than one with how charming he is! And if he gets a girlfriend, then a wife...that means we could even have some grandkids..."