Chapter 7

Grayson lounged on his plush Egyptian mattress in the luxurious hotel room, his distaste for cramped dorms evident in his decision to rent the most expensive hotel in Boston.

After a three-hour swim in the rooftop pool on the 10th floor, Grayson had lost track of time. It was 1 o'clock in the morning, and he still needed to clear his mind from...things.

As if right on cue, his phone rang, and he reached for it.

"Good morning, Grayson Davenport Hawthorne! What can I do for you today, my brother?" Jameson's voice boomed through the phone.

"You're the one who called me at 1 o'clock in the morning," Grayson murmured, his voice low and flat.

Jameson chuckled on the other end of the line. "You know I don't keep track of time. I just wanted to see how my favourite business tycoon is doing."

Grayson sighed, knowing exactly what Jameson was referring to. "Everything's fine Jamie," Grayson said, anticipating Jameson's next question. "How's Tuscany?"

"I'm helping Avery find things, keeping track of all the mansions she's inherited," Jameson replied, but this time his voice held a sombre tone.

Grayson furrowed his brow, sensing that something was off. "Go on."

There was a long pause before Jameson spoke again. "I think I found my dad, Gray."

Grayson froze for a moment, the atmosphere suddenly feeling thick and heavy. When Grayson had met his own father, the man had no intentions towards him whatsoever. And now, Jameson was going to meet his father.

"Jamie-"

"I'm fine, thanks for asking," Jameson replied nonchalantly, before Grayson could finish.

Grayson was aware that Jameson wouldn't be willing to discuss it, especially over the phone. Xander, a 99.99% chance, could have tapped their phones, which would explain how he could have learned about Grayson's move to Harvard.

"I'll see you at Avery's secret surprise birthday party," Jameson said after a while. "It'll mean a lot to Avery if you came."