Chapter 12

Grayson found himself questioning his choice as he watched Alison struggle to paddle around in the pool. It was becoming increasingly clear to him that she wasn't a very strong swimmer.

"Okay, Alison, let's start with the basics. First, you need to learn how to float," Grayson instructed.

Alison nodded and tried to do as he said, but she kept sinking. "If I drown in this pool, I'll come back to haunt you. You'll never be able to swim in peace again."

"Well, that's comforting," he replied sarcastically.

Alison's laughter subsided as she sank once more, her movements becoming more uncoordinated.

Grayson moved closer to Alison, gently placing his hands on her waist to help her balance in the water. His touch was firm yet gentle, sending shivers down Alison's spine. As he held her, he could feel the warmth of her skin through the fabric of her bikini. She looked up at him, meeting his eyes, and for a moment they both forgot where they were. The water lapped at their bodies as they floated, lost in each other's gaze. Grayson could feel Alison's breath against his chest as she relaxed into his touch, and he knew in that moment that he never wanted to let her go. But he knew that wasn't possible.

"Let's get some pictures."