Chapter 24

Alison stirred, slowly opening her eyes. Confusion flickered across her face as she tried to gather her bearings. "Grayson?" She blinked a few times, her gaze fixated on him. Gradually, awareness dawned on her, and she realized what must have happened. "Tell me," she urged, her voice barely above a whisper. "Tell me everything that happened," she murmured, her voice laced with sleep.

"You were drunk at Mason Valentine's party for his latest book release," Grayson paused, searching for any signs of recognition in Alison's reaction to Mason's name. Finding none, he continued. "You refuse to tell me where you lived.And now, here we are."

Alison nodded, rubbing her eyes and sitting up in bed. She stretched her arms overhead, letting out a yawn. "Can I borrow your jacket?" she asked, yawning.

Grayson narrowed his eyes, searching her face for any signs of deception. She looked up, meeting his gaze with a soft smile. Grayson's heart skipped a beat, but he quickly suppressed his emotions. There were too many questions, too many uncertainties. He couldn't let his guard down.

Why did she need my jacket?  But as his gaze travelled down her form, he understood.

Her once midnight blue dress was now transparent in the daylight. The deep blue fabric, once blending with the shadows of the night, now contrasted against the morning light streaming through the window.

Without a word, he unbuttoned his shirt, revealing his well-toned physique, and handed it to Alison. Their fingers brushed, causing a brief electric spark between them. "Thanks," she whispered, as she slipped into his shirt, enveloped in his enticing scent.

A mixture of concern, confusion, and intrigue swirled within Grayson. "Breakfast has been prepared downstairs," he said in his low, resonant voice. "There are several matters we need to discuss regarding last night's events."

Alison blinked, taking a moment to gather her thoughts. Before she could respond, Grayson strode to retrieved another jacket and headed towards the door, his confident demeanour leaving little room for negotiation. He paused, casting a lingering glance over his shoulder, his eyes filled with a mysterious intensity. Who are you Alison Emrys?  The question echoed in his mind, his thoughts consumed by curiosity and intrigue. 

Then, without another word, he disappeared from the room, leaving Alison to contemplate the events last night.