Chapter III: Mya (Pt. 3)

Za'Fia looked at me with uncertainty. She opened her mouth to say something, but then the door to the room opened.

      Trik, my dad, and my mom came in.

      Trik was smiling after having his arms and gravitational orb reattached.

      My dad quickly scanned each of us before speaking.

      "So, sweetheart, care to explain what's going on now?" He asked.

      "I'll start," Za'Fia volunteered.

      She informed all of us of everything she learned while being held captive. Afterward, I explained to my parents about Avarice wanting to start a war that would ravage the world.

     Once everything was explained to them, my parents sat silently before responding.

      "I could have never imagined someone doing such a thing," my mom said. She looked at each of us with empathetic eyes. "I'm sorry you all had such a gruesome ordeal."

      Looking at my dad, I could see he was perturbed.

      "This is very concerning," he expressed. "If Avarice succeeds in killing any of the Primordials, the repercussions could be catastrophic for humans or even Earth."

      "Indeed, it will be," Viraa announced suddenly. "Regardless of what Primordial dies, the imbalance would cause humans to experience a sudden shift in how the world works, eventually affecting the planet itself. If people lose joy, they'll fall into despair, which could lead to the masses harming themselves or others. Without lust, within a century, humankind will no longer exist. Given another century or two and all life on Earth will cease. Each Primordial, including Avarice and Verin, is essential for life on Earth to continue."

      "Dad, I think we should seek help from the other branches," I suggested. "There's no way we can stop Avarice's forces with just our branch."

      My dad silently weighed our options before saying anything. He looked so uncomfortable with the idea, I started mentally preparing to argue with him when he rejected it.

      Finally, he said, "As much as it pains me to admit, you're right. We will need all the help we can get. As Watcher, you'll go and explain the situation to the other branches. Bring a Primordial with you; they'll be more inclined to listen and not ridicule you."

      "I'm concerned about Avarice having an interest in Alissia now," my mom said. In the explanation, I also explained about having Viraa's Temporal Sight and the abilities it gave me, which made me a target for Avarice now.

      "Yeah, I'm sure he'll send someone to keep track of her," Tymon stated. "Considering he knew about Viraa and other information, I think he's been watching us this entire time."

      "Maybe it has something to do with Mr. Gulliver's fourth cintracy," Trik suggested.

      "No, he has his High Gods watching us," Za'Fia inserted.

      "So I was right; someone was watching me in the forest the day I met Alissia and Trik," Tymon commented.

      "That was Wren," Za'Fia confirmed. "Oh yeah, before I forget...."

      Za'Fia shared Verin's and Avarice's EQNs to help us understand what we were up against.

      "15,000,000!?" Trik exclaimed. "That would mean his hybrid form is as powerful as 150,000,000! How on Earth are we supposed to defeat someone that powerful?"

      "I don't know, but I'm not going to stop until I find a way," Tymon said grimly.

      The tone in his voice made it clear that he wasn't just saying that to reassure us.

      "For now, though, we should move to find the next Primordial," he added.

      "Tomorrow," I said. "We should rest more before going off. Besides, we have to figure out who and where we're going to."

      With that, everyone agreed to take the rest of the day and rest. Tomorrow would begin our next adventure.

------

Super Supporters: Want to learn everything up-to-date and get exclusive information about your favorite character(s)? Visit the series' Patreon account at patreon.com/primordials

or visit their Ko-fi account at ko-fi.com/otherworldsjt

Media

IG: otherworldsjt

Twitter: jt_fnx

Thank you for your support :)