Chapter XX: Final Pieces (Pt.2)

"You're the ones going around eating people," Naomi commented, eyeing them cautiously.

      "Nah, those were imposters," Claeg responded as he slowly moved away from his sister. "We're the original set."

      Naomi's eyes began to glow as a frigid breeze picked up.

      "So, what do you want with me," she asked while keeping both of them in her line of sight.

      Kaila smiled and tilted her head innocently as her eyes glowed bright red.

      "Seems you already know the answer to that," she replied.

      In a split second, Kaila flicked something to the ground. It was an irregular-shaped, flat piece of tech.

      "A binding suit?" Naomi asked.

      Naomi recognized it as one of those pieces of tech humans developed that allowed them to use their spirit energy without being sensed.

      "Not quite," Kaila stated.

      When the device activated, it spread a malleable transparent veil around the hilltop.

      Naomi realized the twins didn't want anyone to sense her. Luckily, she knew the tech was limited to how much energy it could contain, even one of that size. Her hybrid form would undoubtedly be too powerful for it, but before she could focus on transforming quickly, Claeg rushed at her, not giving her the second she needed.

      "Uh uh uh, we can't have your power signaling the others," Kaila said playfully as she waved a finger. "Let's keep this dinner date just the three of us, yeah?"

      Suddenly some of Kaila's red spirit energy burst from her, surprising Naomi, as it thickened until it transformed into tendrils of blood that were sent her way.

      With quick thinking, Naomi managed partial transformation as four tails of ice emerged from her lower back and blocked the incoming blood tendrils.

      "Tails? Interesting. But four won't be enough," Kaila warned as six tendrils erupted from her.

      Naomi used her incredible speed and agility to dodge the tendrils and gain some distance from Claeg.

      Now in the right position, she fired a barrage of ice shards at Claeg. Most of the ice shattered harmlessly against his skin, but some missed and shot off toward HQ.

      Hopefully, they go far enough, Naomi thought.

      Claeg wasted no time charging back at Naomi.

      Naomi was quickly pushed back by his strength and durability, commenting on how each of her attacks was shrugged off as if they were nothing.

      She'd use her tails to block his insane punches and noted how he was even stronger than Za'Fia in her hybrid form.

      It took most of Naomi's focus to dodge his berserk-ish way of fighting. With each moment that passed, she could sense his bloodlust increase.

      How is such a big guy so fast, she thought as she struggled to distance herself from him.

      Unexpectedly, Naomi lost her footing as she was pressed and tripped, resulting in her falling backward. Claeg took this opportunity to throw a decisive punch at her, but Naomi barely escaped its path as it connected with the ground instead.

      To Naomi's disbelief, the impact from his punch alone caused the ground to tremor, created a sizeable hole in the hilltop, and sent fissures tracking up some of the nearby stone pillars.

      When their eyes locked, before he could charge at her again, Naomi used her Seismic Reign cintracy to generate a concentrated funnel of shockwaves focused directly at Claeg.

      The soundwaves were so intense that the ground was ground was being ripped apart, and even his sister was holding her ears, but this didn't stop him.

      Even though his ears started to bleed, he grinned as he used his tough body to trudge forward straight through Naomi's attack until he stood before her.

      Naomi could only watch, horrified, as he towered over her and sent her flying into a pillar with one swipe of his hand.

      She was dazed but quickly got back to her feet, not wanting to be in a vulnerable position.

      When she looked for Claeg, she saw him grinning confidently as he approached a large stone pillar that easily weighed at least 10 tons.

      With one hand, he grabbed it with a grip strong enough to create cracks in it as he slowly lifted it out of the ground and held it steadily over his head.

      "Here," he said as he chucked the pillar at Naomi.

      Under normal circumstances, 10 tons wouldn't have been a problem for Naomi, but the force behind it sent her back multiple feet as she tried to catch it.

      Just when she felt it slow, Claeg suddenly grabbed the other end of the pillar and charged forward. His strength was too much for Naomi to resist as she was forced back and sent smashing through multiple other stone formations.

      With the largest stone formation in their path, Claeg gave one final push using a little more strength, rocketing Naomi and the pillar into it.

      The giant pillar, at least three times as large as the one she was holding, started to crumble on top of Naomi. Once it had fallen, Naomi was stuck on her back. She used her strength and tried to push the debris on top of her off, but it wouldn't budge.

      Understandable since that thing must've weighed 30 tons. Naomi couldn't lift that much, not without transforming.

      "Let me help you with that," she heard Claeg's muffled voice say as he raised and pushed it off her with one hand.

      He stood over her, watching her as if looking at trapped prey.

      Naomi grew stiff, sensing he was about to strike again.

      When that creepy, jagged smile spread across his face, she immediately focused all her current energy on spirit enhancement as she raised her arms to block Claeg's series of merciless attacks.

      Even still, she felt her arm's bones shatter from the devastating weight of his punches as each strike sent her deeper and deeper into the ground until she was buried by dirt and some debris.

      When he finally stopped, she burst out of the hole, panting as she was covered in frost and dirt. Her arms tingled and had a weird numbness as she floated in the air. When she looked, she knew they were useless now; she could barely move them.

      Naomi shakily stumbled to a landing.

      She attempted to gather some of her energy, but Kaila suddenly attacked her with blood again, causing Naomi's focus to switch to using her tails to protect herself.