Chapter XI: Tensions (Pt.2)

"It is most likely due to my awakened presence," Viraa spoke from my bracelet. "Klevonians cannot use Order on pneumarians. I am sure that has something to do with it."

      Michael looked down at my bracelet in shock.

      "Who was that? And what did it mean by klevonians and pneumarians," he asked, perplexed.

      The room suddenly grew cold enough that I could see my breath as Naomi stepped between me and Michael. Followed by Tymon, who silently appeared from my right and stepped slightly in front of me.

      Naomi, now her serious and collected personality, stepped forward.

      "You didn't seriously just do that," she said in a threatening tone.

      "I am not about to be manipulated by anyone, let alone a human," Michael declared solemnly. "If she knows something about me, I have a right to know. Therefore, my actions to force the information out were vindicated. Your contempt is misdirected."

      "Don't try that again," Tymon said gravely. His body tensed as if ready to move at a moment's notice. Seeing Michael's speed must've gotten to him.

      Michael stared at Tymon and Naomi, clearly annoyed at being challenged.

      Then Michael looked past them both and directly at me.

      "You need to tell me what you know as well as why my Order failed," he insisted.

      I hated that things were escalating, but I had to do everything possible to get him to come with us. The stakes were too high to risk moving forward without him.

      If only he'd get past me being human and listen.

      "I will," I said, standing my ground. "But I need you to agree to come with us. I promise I don't have any malicious intentions, and coming with us will help you save a lot of lives."

      Michael stared at each of us for multiple seconds, weighing his options. Finally, he conceded.

      "Fine," Michael said as he sighed and returned to where he originally stood. "This doesn't mean that I accept you as my leader. However, I admit that you intrigue me. And should this threat really be as grave as you suggest, I should learn everything I can about it. So, I will go with you."

      "You could've just come to that conclusion from the beginning," Naomi muttered as the room's temperature rose to normal.

      In the next instant, Naomi's chipper self returned.

      "Uhh, I was afraid you guys were gonna fight. Thankfully you didn't, plus we have Michael with us now. That's each of the Supreme Primordials!" she exclaimed.

      "Oh? I didn't know Za'Fia was with you all," Michael stated, showing a little more interest in joining us now.

      Maybe we should've mentioned that from the beginning.

      Just then, the room door opened as Lady Gorski entered. She let Michael know that funds had been added to his requested accounts. Then after escorting us out of the mansion and off the property, she graciously bid us farewell before turning back.

      "So, next stop, Arizona?" Naomi asked.

      "Yeah, since it's too dangerous to visit the Russos right now," I replied as I looked around. "But before we leave, we should try to help the people here. Most of the city is a wasteland. We can't leave it like that, and the people are bound to harm themselves again."

      Tymon shook his head in disagreement.

      "We aren't here to save the city from its people. We have bigger problems we need to stay focused on," Tymon said steadily. "Besides, what do you expect us to do? Help rebuild? We don't know when Avarice's genocidal master plan could start, so wasting that kind of time could cost us."

      "Hmm. I somewhat agree," Michael added. "If this threat's at a genocidal level, then there certainly is no time to waste here. But don't worry; the Gorskis are planning to rebuild the portion of the city that has been neglected. As for the humans, it does concern me if they continue to harm themselves while expecting me to return and heal them. So, before leaving, we should stop by the church."

      When we made it back up the hill, the church was still full of people. There was an uproar of excitement as Michael entered the church.

      With just a wave of his hand, they all lowered their voices, and some even bowed their heads.

      "Where's the priest," Michael asked the members of the Phoenix Order on the podium.

      "This way, Your Brilliancy," one said as they ushered us to a back office filled with old manuscripts and relics of the Phoenix Order.

      Sitting at the desk against the center wall was the priest, distracted by whatever work he was doing.

      Once we approached his desk, he finally noticed us.

      "Your Brilliancy! What do I owe this honor," he said gleefully.

      "I am here to inform you that I will not be returning for a while," Michael told him. "You must spread this news to the others so that they will stop harming themselves."

      The priest's expression morphed into one of distress as he abruptly stood, bumping the desk so hard that a few items flew off.

      "I can't do that," he objected. "Please, Your Brilliancy, you can't abandon us."

      "This is not abandonment," Michael assured him. "My responsibility to preserve life is not just to this town. I must protect everyone else too. To do that effectively, I can't continue to worry about everyone here while I am gone."

      Those words seemed to weigh heavily on the priest's mind.

      Though reluctant, the priest finally accepted Michael's words.

      "You're right; we must not be selfish. We will cease our cleansing rituals so that you won't have to worry about returning each year," the priest said sadly as his head hung low in disappointment.

      Then he suddenly perked up.

      "No, I can't let this get to me. Although we may never be embraced by your light again, we will never lose faith in you, Your Brilliancy."

      "I'm sure I'll pass by again at some point," Michael told him.

      This seemed to liven him up even more.

      "Then, until we meet again, I vow to keep everyone's belief strong," he said enthusiastically.

      "Thank you," Michael replied with a gracious smile. Then his smile disappeared as he held the priest's gaze before continuing. "Also, the church's account received a large sum of money shortly before I arrived. Use that money to provide food for those in the poor segment of the city. Nothing else."

      "For food and nothing else," the priest repeated in a trance.

      Although it was for a good cause, I had to admit; it was scary how willing Michael was to use his Order on others.

      Anyway, with that being taken care of, we spent the next few hours flying back home. All in all, I'd say mission well done.

------

Super Supporters: Want to learn everything up-to-date and get exclusive information about your favorite character(s)? Visit the series' Patreon account at patreon.com/primordials

or visit their Ko-fi account at ko-fi.com/otherworldsjt

Media

IG: otherworldsjt

Twitter: jt_fnx

Thank you for your support :)