Chapter XIII: Layered (Pt.1)

The next day my parents were finally available. Upon meeting Michael, due to his presence, they both displayed a deep gratitude toward him, similar to the devotees back in Poland, but thankfully they had their PRP.

      Once activated, they were back to their usual selves.

      "Excuse us, we weren't expecting that," my dad stated as he collected himself.

      "Oh dear, we'd forgotten to reactivate our PRP upon returning," my mom said.

      "You are Michael, I presume," my dad said, addressing him.

      "Yes, I am. I was told I could get some answers if I came here. Apparently, there is a threat to the majority of life on Earth. I'd like to know what this threat is. I am also curious about the information you have concerning my past. I believe klevonians and pneumarians were mentioned at one point," Michael responded with a calm avidness.

      "Of course, first there's the registering procedure to be tended to, then we can answer each of your questions. Right this way," my dad replied, ushering him into a nearby elevator that took us to the underground training department.

      Once there, Michael was registered as a Primordial and underwent the same physical tests the others underwent. The stats on the dashboard read:

                  Michael Viel

                  Physical strength (November 2nd, 3045): 27.5 tons (Mid Level 1)

                  Ground speed (November 2nd, 3045): 1,534mph (Low level 1)

                  Flight speed (November 2nd, 3045): Mach 15 (Low Level 2)

      Then, after using an energy quantifier, his results read:

                  Michael Viel: Supreme Primordial Life

                  EQN: 1,130,000

                  Potential: 11,300,000

      Turns out he's strong for a Primordial. Not as strong as Za'Fia, but the strongest besides her so far. He's also faster than the others by a long shot, but we knew that already, and he's the second most powerful behind Tymon.

      Plus, Viraa gave us the details about his cintracies.

      He has a temp cintracy called Cure that gives him the power to heal other's physical injuries or illnesses.

     He also has another temp cintracy called Luminous Threads that allows him to generate indestructible threads of light that can cut through anything or serve as pathways for his spirit energy.

      His eutierric cintracy, Shine, gives him the ability to manipulate light. He can even apply the qualities of light to his spirit energy.

      Then there's his mystic cintracies – Luminous Streak and Eternal Life. The former allows him to become weightless and indestructible temporarily and travel at the speed of light. The ladder, however, grants him incredible regenerative abilities so strong it's impossible for him to die or ever grow old.

      No wonder he felt superior to everyone else.

      After completing the tests, we informed him about his origins, cintracies, my connection to Viraa, and the whole situation with Avarice and Verin. Then my mom got up and left, saying she'd be right back.

      "So that is why your energy feels so familiar," Michael commented as he addressed me. "May I speak to Viraa?"

      "Um, sure," I replied. "Viraa?"

      "Hello, Michael," Viraa spoke. "You've grown into quite the young klevonian since I last saw you."

      Michael smiled at the sound of Viraa's voice, which threw me off. I'd seen him smile before, but not like that. That smile seemed pure and unfiltered.

      He and Viraa spoke for a short while. As I listened, it was like the overconfident assertive Michael no longer existed. At that moment, he was like a little boy overjoyed by having met his mother for the first time. (Although technically, she's not their mother since they were created out of nothing, but I wasn't going to ruin this experience for him.) Besides, the excitement wasn't one way. Viraa was just as thrilled to be talking to him.

      I hadn't thought about it before, but now that the topic was on my mind, I wondered what kind of people raised him. Since he can't reincarnate, I know it'd only be for a short time, but did he ever have parents?

      Michael had a million questions for Viraa. Questions that, for the most part, she said she couldn't answer right now or that he'd find out eventually. Having learned about her ability to look into the future, Michael respected her reluctance to answer.

      "Can you tell me anything about our home world?" Michael asked, his eyes glued to Viraa's projection from my bracelet.

      "Hmm, let's see...Well, our kind comes from a planet called Cindar," Viraa answered, surprisingly. "It's very diverse – many races apart from ours call it home. However, klevonians and pneumarians are the only true cindarians. Everyone else's heritage originates from different worlds. It's very charming and beautiful – its structures, colors, and natural elements are unlike anything you've ever seen. But, of course, it's also not without its problems."

      "What's wrong with it," Michael, Naomi, and I asked in unison.

      I looked up to see the others had gathered to hear Viraa speak. This was the first time Viraa had shared anything about her home world. None of us wanted to miss out on what she had to say.

      "Sadly, that's all I can say for now," Viraa responded predictably.

      Why did I get my hopes up?

      "And here I was hoping we were about to learn a little more," my dad commented disappointedly from behind me.

      My mom was standing beside him.

      "Well, at least we know the name of their home world," she said. "Cindar. What a beautiful name."

      "Anyhow, Michael, these are for you," she said as she gave him his box of special garments.