Chapter XV: Typhoon (Pt.1)

I stood amazed as Za'Fia and I watched Michael and Tymon's match from the ground. With my enhanced vision, I could see everything clearly as they threw lethal attacks that would kill most others at each other.

      Since neither of them could die, I was able to enjoy it, though.

      It was exciting, really. It was the first time I could stand and marvel at a real fight between Primordials – and let me tell you; it was a treat.

      For the most part, I couldn't keep up with their movement, but the parts that I could see...wow.

      At some point, they were both hidden inside a dark sphere I guessed Tymon was responsible for.

      "Crap, I can't see anything," I complained.

      "Focus on sensing them. It'll help paint a picture," Za'Fia advised me.

      Looking over, I could tell she was anxious because she constantly tapped her feet and softly bit her bottom lip.

      Who do you think has the upper hand? Viraa asked me as we both sensed what was happening within the sphere.

      Suddenly, the dark sphere shrunk, expelling Tymon but closing around Michael.

      I saw something that looked like an arm fall and made a thud as it hit the ground a few dozen feet in front of us.

      "Is that..."

      I jerked my head upward to see the dark sphere gone and Michael floating there with a broken neck; holes riddled his body, and he was missing an arm.

      Before I could attempt to intervene, Viraa stopped me.

      Observe. She instructed me.

      As I watched, I witnessed Michael's body repair itself and even grow a new arm.

      Whoa.

      So. Who do you think has the upper hand? Viraa asked again.

      I don't know... Tymon's weaker and slower than Michael, but he's being crafty with his abilities. Not to mention he's more powerful. But Michael's faster, stronger, and can even heal from any damage he takes. I responded.

      But will that be enough? Which will win? Viraa pressed.

      Why are you asking me this? I questioned her, feeling like I was being tested.

      You should learn how to use the information you gather on others to predict their prowess in battle should you ever need to face them. It may not be accurate, but it will give you a good idea of what to expect. Viraa stated.

      Why would I ever fight one of them? That'd be suicide.

      Viraa laughed lightly.

      Just humor me, she said. Use what you know of them to predict who will be the victor.

      During our talk, I watched as the fight progressed to the point that Michael had glowing talons, and Tymon was covered in thin lacerations from Michael's thread attack.

      I'd say, Michael. Mainly due to his incredible healing ability and speed, but also because Tymon's physical capabilities are seriously underwhelming when compared. To compensate, he's been using too many attacks that require too much of his spirit energy which will eventually cause him to burn out before Michael does. I said, answering her question.

      Well deduced, Viraa commended. Under normal circumstances, that is exactly how this fray would have ended.

      What do you mean under norm—

      The next instant, I was blasted backward as a sudden gust of wind slammed into me.

      Thankfully, Za'Fia reacted quickly and grabbed my hand, covering me with her spirit energy in the process.

      "Thanks," I said.

      "What are they doing," Za'Fia muttered as she looked up.

      Looking up, I saw Tymon and Michael engaged in an intense power struggle as their spirit energies clashed violently.

      "Guys, stop! Look at what you're doing!" I shouted as I cupped my hand around my mouth, but I knew they couldn't hear me over the roaring winds they were causing.

      Suddenly both of their power spiked.

      As Za'Fia and I struggled to stay upright, I noticed Tymon's eyes were wolfish yellow, and Michael's irises were now amber-colored and fully covered his eyes' whites.

      My eyes widened in alarm as I realized what was happening.

      I looked at Za'Fia.

      "They're transforming," I yelled over the wind.

      Za'Fia coated herself in a dense orange-red aura as I activated my PRP.

      Once she shot off toward them like a fiery comet, I leaned forward, trying to resist the winds.

      To think they're only using a tenth of their real power, I thought to myself as I witnessed the force created by their colliding spirit energy.

      With every second that passed, their power grew more volatile. Za'Fia was making process, but I knew she felt resistance as she tried to force her way through their dense energies.

      Meanwhile, my PRP wasn't holding up that well. Ever since it cracked, when I used it, it always felt like it would shatter at any moment.

      I watched helplessly as my crystal strained to protect me from the effects of their invading energy. There was an audible SNAP as the crack from before spread into multiple fractures throughout the crystal.

      The crystal started to hiss as it released some of the energy held inside it, causing my protective field to shrink more and more by the second.

      Come on. Please make it in time. I found myself praying as I watched Za'Fia only a couple dozen feet away from them.

      It looked as if she was going to make it in time but out of nowhere, the remaining energy within my crystal was released all at once, leaving it a lifeless brown color.

      With the little protection I had gone, I was lifted off the ground and blown through the air. I reflexively applied spirit enhancement to my entire body, but I knew it wouldn't amount to much.

      I estimated it'd only last a few seconds before it shattered, and I was left at the mercy of their unrelenting power.

      As predicted, I immediately felt intense pressure on my body as I tried to shield myself. Then, just as my spirit enhancement shattered, I felt something swoop in and rush me back to the ground.

      "Lisa!" I heard Trik yell.

      I looked to see Naomi holding Trik and shielding the three of us with her spirit energy.