Chapter XIV: Primal State: Michael vs Tymon (Pt.4)

Michael immediately sensed him and began to turn while simultaneously redirecting some of his energy from his arms just as Tymon connected a powerful punch to his jaw that shattered Michael's spirit enhancement, disrupting his concentration on using Brilliant Radiance and sending him spiraling.

      Tymon was feeling pretty tired, but he kept the pressure going as he expanded Blackout, created another shadow path in Michael's trajectory, and appeared near him just in time to grab his forearm again as Michael forced himself to a stop.

      To reserve more energy, Tymon deactivated Blackout.

      Looking at Michael, he saw blood trickling from his lip before it healed.

      Tymon smiled with satisfaction, causing Michael to grow enraged.

      While holding Michael's forearm, Tymon spread Last Breath, causing it to wither again, but Michael reacted faster this time and did something to cause the spread to slow down.

      Is he speeding up his healing? Tymon thought, bewildered.

      Michael grabbed Tymon's wrist to remove his hand forcibly, but Tymon quickly grabbed that forearm, too, causing it to wither as well. But, again, it wasn't spreading rapidly beyond the forearm.

      It seemed so long as Michael sped up his healing, only the parts Tymon touched directly would be affected instantly.

      Michael tried to break free of Tymon's grip, but with his arms in that state, his strength had waned considerably.

      In frustration, Michael's power erupted from him, causing Tymon to do the same in response.

      As the two beasts' energies collided, shockwaves strong enough to bend the nearby trees were sent outward, damaging the surrounding area.

      Being two sides of the same coin, both of their energies were intertwined and, in situations like this, would only amplify each other.

      As Tymon felt more power rising within Michael, he could feel his own power rising in response.

      I can't stop it... Tymon thought.

      It was all completely involuntary, yet it felt liberating. Tymon could feel his proverbial chains breaking as their power rose against each other.

      Michael was someone the beast within Tymon was urging him to be released against.

      Tymon felt his mind start to enter a frenzy, and his vision suddenly changed as his eyes switched to that of a wolf—and Michael's to that of a phoenix.

      As their bodies began to morph, their monstrous gazes locked in the chaos, staring into the eyes of the beast before them.

------

Enjoying the story? Have any constructive criticisms? Leave a like or comment to share your thoughts with me. :)

Want to learn everything up-to-date about your favorite character(s)? Visit the series' Patreon account at patreon.com/primordials

or visit their Ko-fi account at ko-fi.com/otherworldsjt

Thank you for your support :)