Chapter XI: Tensions (Pt.1)

Incredible. Michael's power to heal was just...incredible. I watched from a distance as he walked over to the unconscious husband and touched the guy's forehead with his index finger.

      As he did this, I was able to briefly peek at his wrist, spotting five dark marks around it. Just like Tymon, it seemed Michael was stacked with cintracies.

      Michael pushed the bucket he requested from the butler with his foot, aligning it on the floor below the husband's head.

      As everyone continued watching, we saw a white glow emanate from Michael's finger and flow into the husband's forehead. Then it quickly spread throughout the rest of his body.

      I expected something to happen immediately, but it didn't. I was about to ask what was happening when Lady Gorski suddenly reacted.

      "His fingers! They moved," she exclaimed excitedly. She moved to stand closer as Michael continued, beaming with anticipation.

      Soon, the husband's eyes began to flutter before abruptly opening. But before he could say anything, he started violently vomiting a weird substance mixed with dark red blood.

      "That's gross," Trik commented as he watched intently.

      "Ew. Ew. Ew," Naomi repeated as she covered her eyes.

      "Oh God..." Lady Gorski whispered as she covered her mouth and watched in horror. "Is this normal? He's going to be okay, won't he?"

      "It is fine. I healed him enough to counter the paralysis and forced his body to expel the poison. Once he has finished, I will fully heal him," Michael assured her.

      "Oh, Dear...you'll feel better soon," she said sympathetically as we continued to watch her husband wretch his guts out.

      It went on for about five minutes before he finally stopped. He looked pale and sickly now, like he was too weak even to move.

      To be fair, a lot of blood and gunk came out of him.

      Michael quickly placed his finger back on the husband's forehead and continued healing him. A few seconds later, he was sitting up and looking around the room.

      Lady Gorski lunged at him and hugged him tightly with tears running down her face.

      She would speak between sobs, but it was intelligible. Some Polish could be heard, but most of it was an emotional blur of words mixed with crying.

      After embracing her husband, Lady Gorski began to explain the situation to him, but he stopped her, informing everyone that he could hear everything that had happened.

      The husband got out of bed and stood before Michael.

      "Thank you, Your Brilliancy; I feel even healthier than before," he stated as he lightly placed his hand over his chest. "If it's not too impertinent, I'd like to offer compensation for your time."

      "I accept your offer," Michael responded with a smile.

      I looked over at the sons still holed together. The puddle of urine had now been somewhat absorbed into each of their clothes.

      "Hey, shouldn't we be calling the police?" I asked, motioning at the urine-reeking men.

      The husband looked at his sons, his face full of disappointment, then replied, "That won't be necessary."

      "What?" I asked in disbelief.

      Michael looked at me.

      "As a Watcher, I assume you are from a wealthy family," he began. "Surely you have seen problems your family preferred to keep internal."

      "Sure, but we've never tried to kill each other," I retorted.

      "Every family is different," Michael stated. "We should respect their wishes and not meddle any further than asked."

      "Thank you for understanding," said the husband, expressing his gratitude to Michael.

      "..."

      He is right, you know, Viraa chimed in. If they want to bring this to the authorities, they know how. There is probably more to this story than what meets the eye, but since the requested aid is now done, it is not our place to impede any further. You must respect their privacy.

      Yeah...you're right. Hopefully, they work things out peacefully, I conceded.

      Afterward, we were escorted to another room to wait for Michael's payment.

      "There is no reason for you all to wait with me; I have already told you that I am not joining you," Michael said, reminding us of his decision.

      "But being a Supreme Primordial, you'll be vital if we want to succeed. We need you," I said, attempting to stroke his ego.

      "Alissia, was it? I am sure you mean well, but you are what, twenty years old? So, you have been a Watcher for two years, correct? How is a young, inexperienced girl qualified to lead the likes of us against other beings just as powerful?" Michael asked me earnestly.

      "She's not completely human," Tymon inserted. "Take a look at her spirit energy."

      Michael looked at Tymon and then back at me, his eyes glowing white. His eyebrows knitted together in confusion as he tilted his head.

      "Your energy feels...familiar. And how is it that you possess more energy than any human I have ever seen?" he asked curiously.

      This was it – the solution I needed to get him to come with us.

      "I can explain that, but only if you agree to at least come to HQ with us. There, we can explain the whole situation and each of our parts," I asserted, refusing to disclose anything before then.

      In a blink of an eye, Michael was standing before me. Judging from Tymon and Naomi's late reactions, even they hadn't seen him move.

      "I won't be waiting. Tell me now." Michael Ordered.

      I expected to feel myself divulging everything against my will, but to everyone's surprise, nothing happened this time.

      There was a moment of silence, as if we all were expecting it to kick in at any moment. But it never did.

      "That's odd..." I said as I examined my hands and looked around, hoping someone could explain.