Chapter XV: Typhoon (Pt.2)

"It's like a typhoon over here!" Trik shouted over the wind.

      "Why are they fighting," Naomi asked as she looked up.

      I should've known they'd start fighting," Trik yelled.

      "They were sparring, then something happened," I yelled back. "Za'Fia went to stop them."

      We watched as Za'Fia was finally approaching them.

      She appeared next to them in a final burst of speed; her fists transformed into scaled claws. She raised her fists over her head and then brought them down onto theirs.

      Upon contact, a thin ring of flames expanded outward as Tymon and Michael were sent plunging head-first into the ground.

      The impact could be felt from where we stood as a small cloud of dirt lifted into the air.

      Once I saw the wind had stopped and their power was no longer rampant, I darted over to them, arriving just as Za'Fia floated to a landing next to me.

      When the dust cleared, I saw there was a small pit. Michael was already in the process of standing as he rolled his neck, while Tymon was only just sitting forward and started rubbing his head.

      Both groaned as they looked around, confused.

      "What the hell was that?" Za'Fia demanded, catching both of their attention. "Both of you were about to transform."

      Tymon looked at his hands which were trembling slightly.

      "I don't know, but I didn't have control," he informed us.

      "Neither did I," Michael added. "It felt as if my body was acting on instinct – but not mine.... Then it continued to bring forth more and more of my power in response to Tymon's."

      "Same here," Tymon commented.

      "You two were causing a lot of commotion. It even interrupted our movie," Trik inserted as he gestured to himself and Naomi.

      "Whatever that was, you two should avoid fighting each other again. We can't be worrying about the two of you losing control," Za'Fia advised them.

      Tymon looked over at Michael and smirked.

      "Guess it's a tie," he remarked.

      "For now, I suppose," Michael retorted.

      "Well, I guess we should head back and let everyone know everything's okay," I said as Tymon and Michael floated out of the pit.

      "Yeah, it definitely gave everyone a scare," Trik mentioned. "Some thought it had something to do with Avarice."

      "Thankfully, it didn't draw any of them here," I said as I pulled out my compact board. "I wonder if they sensed it."

      "I hope not," Trik said. "I was planning to spend today bingeing."

      We all flew back home. Since it was a short distance, we decided to cruise there to relax in the sky a little.

      Za'Fia and Naomi chose to fly in between Tymon and Michael to ensure another feud didn't spark between them.

      None of us thought it would, but just to be safe....

      I noticed Trik had seemed a little wistful, like something was bothering him.

      "Everything okay," I asked him as I steered next to him.

      "Yeah, everything's fine, just thinking –wondering what the next Primordial's like," he responded.

      "Me too, but I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow for that."

      As we arrived back at HQ, I spotted my mom and dad standing at one of the windows on the top floor of the building.

      My guess was they were watching in case it did have something to do with Avarice.

      "However, for now, we have to explain to my parents how they could have nearly died just now," I said, sighing.

------

Enjoying the story? Have any constructive criticisms? Leave a like or comment to share your thoughts with me. :)

Super Supporters: Want to learn everything up-to-date and get exclusive information about your favorite character(s)? Visit the series' Patreon account at patreon.com/primordials

or visit their Ko-fi account at ko-fi.com/otherworldsjt

Media

IG: otherworldsjt

Twitter: jt_fnx

Thank you for your support :)