Chapter XIV: Primal State: Michael vs Tymon (Pt.1)

After their light sparring match, Tymon and Za'Fia exited the DIM Room. Za'Fia wasn't sweating at all. However, Tymon was drenched from trying to keep up with her. It reminded him that there was a huge gap between himself and the others that he needed to close.

      To Tymon's surprise, Michael and Alissia had been looking in from the observation window. Meaning they'd seen his struggle.

      "You two had nothing better to do?" He commented as he grabbed a nearby towel to wipe his face and neck.

      "Relax, it was just a sparring match," Alissia responded. "And, no, we didn't have anything better to do. At least I didn't."

      "I assume you are upset about us observing you fight in your weakened state?" Michael questioned bluntly. "I mentioned to Alissia that watching you – a supposed Supreme Primordial – in this state was tragic. To think you were once considered on par with me."

      Tymon's jaws clenched as his irritation grew.

      This guy's hubris knows no bounds. You'd think he was the Primordial of pride... Wait, I get it. According to our EQNs, I'm more powerful than him. For someone who likes being above others, that must be eating at him.

      "Big talk coming from someone less powerful than me," Tymon remarked snidely. "What? You preferred it when you were considered the most powerful? Newsflash, you're not. The High Gods, Verin, and Avarice are all just as powerful or even more powerful than you. As for those of us present, I'm more powerful than you. I'm guessing that bothers you."

      Tymon could see Michael visibly holding back his frustration.

      Michael exhaled a steady breath and chuckled lightly.

      "Regardless, I remain the most powerful Primordial," Michael boasted. "The fact is, you are not only the slowest and weakest of us, but you also lack control of your hybrid form. In your state, you hardly deserve the title of Supreme Primordial."

      "Okay, if you think so little of me, you won't mind a little sparring match then," Tymon suggested.

      "You didn't fare well against Za'Fia, yet want to challenge me?" Michael asked incredulously. "Very well, I would love to instill the difference between us into everyone's mind."

      Tymon smirked.

      "Then follow me. We're doing this outside," he said.

      On the way out, they passed by Trik's room. Trik and Naomi were watching a movie together. Since Naomi was sobbing and in tears, Tymon guessed it was some tragic love story or something.

      Once they were out of the building, Tymon led them to a secluded area at least ten miles away so they wouldn't have to worry about disturbing anyone.

      "Okay, guys, remember this is just sparring. No need to get serious," Alissia stated a little nervously.

      "Also, don't transform. I can protect Alissia, but we're not far enough away from HQ or Phoenix for your energies not to reach them," Za'Fia told them.

      "All right, neither of us can die, so there's no need to hold back," Tymon stated confidently as he rolled his wrists.

      "Agreed," Michael replied as he removed his coat, revealing himself fitter than his clothes suggested.

      Tymon and Michael watched each other carefully as the two began to float skyward.

      Tymon summoned his clouds, granting him darker skies and a shadow-filled terrain. Once a few hundred feet up, he made the first move.

      Tymon sped toward Michael at full speed, readying a right jab meant to test Michael's reaction.

      With a subtle movement, Michael rolled his head, avoiding Tymon's fist completely, then gracefully pressed the palm of his hand into Tymon's chest.

      The strength behind it was enough to send Tymon flailing in the opposite direction.

      Once Tymon willed himself to stop and faced Michael again, Michael was no longer there. He suddenly sensed Michael behind him but was too slow to react as a powerful kick from Michael sent him careening toward the ground.

      Dammit, Tymon cursed.

      The force behind the kick was too strong for him to will himself to a stop in time, so Tymon quickly thought of a different solution.

      He focused his spirit energy on the point of the ground he was about to collide with and used his Dark Shift to create a shadow path allowing him to enter it and emerge from another shadow on the ground a few feet away.

      His momentum hadn't slowed as he shot back up, finally stopping fifty feet before Michael.

      Tymon wiped the blood from his busted lip.

      One kick was all it took to break through Tymon's tough skin.

      It's his speed. That's my main problem. I won't get anywhere if I don't do something about that speed.

      "Oh? Interesting ability you have there. Got anything else crafty up your sleeves?" Michael commented smugly. His calm demeanor indicated he wasn't threatened by Tymon at all.

      Tymon was a joke to him.

      "Actually, yeah. I've got something perfect for someone like you," Tymon retorted as his dark spirit energy erupted from his body.

      Tymon used Blackout to create a giant sphere around him and Michael, then filled it with his spirit energy. This created total darkness inside the sphere, making both of them virtually blind, but Tymon could feel exactly where Michael was through his spirit energy.

      "Blinding me. I suppose that is your only chance at landing any attack on me. Not that it matters," Michael remarked.

      Tymon charged in, hitting Michael with a barrage of punches, but to his frustration, Tymon noticed none of his punches could draw a single drop of blood from Michael.

      This was similar to what happened against Avarice.