Arc 0.1

"His Grace, Realm Master of Penglai has entered the Capital." 

This news took wings and flew all over the Heavenly Capital, causing all kinds of rumors with all kinds of embellishments added to them. 

By the time the rumor got to the Crown Prince, it had already had salt and pepper added to the mix and had become something akin to a theater play. According to the latest rumor, the Realm Master of Penglai, Shen Jiyu, had finally entered the capital after two thousand years to take revenge on Marquis Feng Mian, the guardian of the Six Paths. However, Feng Mian had gotten the information from a member of the Penglai Realm Master's family who remembered him fondly, and had fled into the night. 

Of course, there were other varieties like how Shen Jiyu had come to seek trouble with the imperial family or how he had announced that he would be taking a wife and three concubines before the end of the year.

On a jade platform that floated above the East Palace of Yaochi sat two men of similar height. The first man sat upright, his back was straight and his every movement radiated the nobility and elegance of someone who had grown up in the Imperial Palace. 

Wei Mu Chen raised a cup and took a small sip of tea before looking at the cause of this entire uproar in the Heavenly Capital. He sighed, "Couldn't you come more quietly?"

The said Realm Master of the rumors sat sprawled across the seat. His hair was loosely tied up in a jade crown and he did not bother to button his robes. He opened his mouth, letting the beautiful maid serve him some of the spirit fruits on the table, taking his time before he looked at the crown prince. "Impossible. The imperial summons stated that I should come quietly so I took just one Taotie. Or would Your Highness rather that this Lord had walked to the capital?"  

If Shen Jiyu had sneaked in, wouldn't the public say that he was afraid to face that man? Rather than remorse, what Shen Jiyu felt was regret, he should have come with more noise and flair.

Wei Mu Chen took a deep breath and told himself three times. 

Jiyu is the last white tiger left. He has no heir yet. If I attack him, there would be no one to hold up the skies of Penglai.

Wei Mu Chen let the sentence sink into his heart as he maintained his calm expression when facing that arrogant smirk on Shen Jiyu's face.

Shen Jiyu smiled wildly at Wei Mu Chen's familiar expression of mixed parts of restraint and anger as he relaxed against the large seat.

"So why did you summon me? Was there some kind of secret that you could not send through your divine spirit?" His tone, measured and lazy, took a serious tinge towards the end.

The Imperial Family was in a bit of a bind. The Heavenly Emperor had recently entered a closed-door seclusion that will last for ten thousand years in order to break through to the Source Realm, not that Shen Jiyu thought that the Heavenly Emperor would succeed. However, his absence led to pressure in the Heavenly Capital as huge undertakings and turnabouts began to take place. 

The Crown Prince might have taken the place as regent in his father's absence but he had not yet brought other members of the Imperial Clan to heel. Worse still, many were clamoring for his younger sister, Wei Ruo Xi, whose cultivation was higher than his, or even his older cousin Wei Li Hai to be the regent in his father's place.

The Capital was in serious turmoil, it was truly the worst time for a leader of one of the four pillar clans to visit the Imperial Palace as his mere presence would make the already chaotic capital even more chaotic.

"Just so you know Your Highness, we're no longer friends. Whether it is you, your sister, your cousin, or even your nephew, I don't care who sits on the Jade Throne. If you called me to support you, let me stop you right now. Shen Jiyu and the Imperial Family walk separate paths; I will not help you." Shen Jiyu waved for the maidservant to leave and stood up, facing Wei Mu Chen who sat calmly before him.