Arc 2.14

Shen Jiyu flapped his wings as he made his way back home. Unlike Basil who lived at the edge of the forest, Haldir lived in Clearview, the middle part of the city that floated in the sky. Clearview was filled with the powerful members of the elven society and Haldir had grown up around them. When they saw him, they smiled, and some flew closer only to shriek back when they saw who he was carrying.

Shen Jiyu had no intention to hide Basil, and neither did he understand the madness that gripped this land. He was from heaven, and he was born a divine being in the form of the white tiger. He could effortlessly shift between myriads of forms, human, beast, elf, and zerg. It was just skin, only the soul was important, the soul was the essence, and the rest was irrelevant.

Although he supposed they were not so much to blame, in the hierarchy of the nine hundred and ninety-nine realms under heaven, the ranking of Elvina was very low, perhaps it was a good explanation for their barbaric way of thinking.

He entered his house and lay Basil down in the master bedroom. He entered the bathroom to look for a basin and a towel when he remembered that Basil was already completely healed. He returned back to the room and sat down on the seat next t0 the bed while waiting for Basil to wake up.

Xiao Shu had already taken his spot on the leafy swing near the bedroom window, he was still an elf but he was much smaller now.'

"Realm Master!" Xiao Shu called and Shen Jiyu turned to look at him.

"What is it? Pass me the book on the table."

The large time floated from the table and landed on the bed. Shen Jiyu took it as he flipped to the page that was bookmarked and continued reading.

Few minutes had passed and Shen Jiyu suddenly said in the empty room, "Not a lot of immortals would dare to keep me waiting, Xiao Shu I feel like you have a lot of guts."

Xiao Shu paused as if frozen, before he blinked, his leafy green eyes went as round as saucers and he shook his head so hard that Shen Jiyu had a slight fear that it might just fall off.

"No, No, I would not dare, I dont have lots of guts, I don't have any guts at all."

Shen Jiyu waved his hand and leaned back, "What did you want to ask me?"

"Realm Master, you are no longer angry?" His voice was so low that Shen Jiyu had to strain to listen to what he was saying. "I mean the Marquis was your fiance, and some unknown person hurt him so terribly. Should you not be a little angry? I am glad that you did not destroy the host's body but I feel like you are too calm."

Shen Jiyu was silent for a while. He had been very angry. He was still angry even. Basil had been hurt, he had been extremely mad and he wanted to vent. But it was Xiao Shu who had called him back, he was the Realm Master of Penglai, if he should destroy the realm of Elvina, he might not be punished but the karma of such a great sin would definitely fall on the people of Penglai.

He never liked it. The act of punishing many for the sin of one, the act of sentencing nine generations for the sin of one traitor was just tasteless to him. The Prison of Penglai had never lacked punishments to make a traitor regret the bones so why should he go after others?

"I am not calm at all. I am angry but there is little need to dwell on it. Resolving Basil's obsession comes first, I can vent later."

Xiao Shu did not look satisfied but Shen Jiyu did not pursue it anymore as Basil groaned and his eyelashes fluttered.

Shen Jiyu took a deep breath, he was a little afraid of the emotions that he would see in Basil's eyes, what he did not want especially was those argent pupils to look like the day he saw Basil in the forest, cold and lifeless.

Basil opened his eyes, a little disoriented. There was an image in front of him. The image gradually became clear and a smile appeared on his lips. It turns out that it was not a dream and Haldir actually came for him.

Basil had thin lips and when it curved at the corner, it looked a little sinister but in Shen Jiyu's eyes, it was as if a flower had bloomed. Basil's argent eyes were like the steel shade of a sword, deadly but beautiful.

Shen Jiyu suddenly recalled the first day he had met Feng Mian, the other had turned to look at him and Shen Jiyu could not help but stare.

"Your Grace."

"Haldir."'

Shen Jiyu blinked, "How are you feeling?"

Basil moved a bit, surprise clouding his gaze. Basil could not count how many times his bones had been broken before, pain was a constant that he lived with but now…If before, he was like a moldy, infected plant, right now it was as if he had been exposed to sunlight and water. He felt as if he had been soaked in spring water which cleansed all the decay from his body.,

He did not feel any pain, on the contrary, he felt light and even his wooden flower that had been cracked due to the seal that had been forced on him was showing signs of recovery.

"Amazing. I feel great. Thank you, Haldir." He looked at Haldir and smiled, Haldir had always been handsome, but Basil found him even more pleasing to the eyes. Even the features of Haldir seemed to bring him immense joy.

Shen Jiyu leaned forward to pat his head. "It is no problem. I am sorry for what happened Basil, I should have protected you."

Basil smiled again. It was as if the Basil that fell into the flames and the one who rose from it was different. Basil's eyes glowed, he could feel the worry and concern that Haldir had for him and it filled him with immense pleasure.

"It is alright. Nothing new, I am fine."

Shen Jiyu frowned, "We would head to the court when you are feeling better, we would find your attacker and get you the justice you deserve."

Basal did not believe one bit that was possible but he still nodded. Whatever made Shen Jiyu happy.

Shen Jiyu narrowed his eyes in suspicion but he felt that Haldir was still shaken by what happened.

"And while we are looking for the person who attacked you, you would live here in the meantime."

Basil's eyes creased. For the first time, he felt like Heaven was on his side, "Okay. I am a little hungry. Do you have something to eat? That cake, do you still have it?"

Shen Jiyu froze and swallowed. Cooking was always Xiao Shu's task. All the cakes and delicious meal was made by Xiao Shu. Xiao Shu could not appear here, what was he going to do?