Arc 2.18

"It would make elves unable to use their power of the wood." Shen Jiyu said and he continued to write down different herbs. He had learnt this at the Xu Clan, it was used by the elders for immortal children born to ascended immortals. 

"Wow!" Basil exclaimed, his eyes flashed and he took in all the pictures carefully.

His greedy expression did not cause a jolt in Shen Jiyu's heart and he continued to draw the remaining herbs. The process of making the concoction was simple but the herbs involved were not a small amount. There were about twenty herbs needed for 

this. 

He felt a strong gaze and he glanced to the left at Basil, "What is it? You cannot recognize them."

Basil's gaze was a little shifty, "Is it not too evil?"

Shen Jiyu stopped writing and placed the brush next to the paper. "It is not evil."

"Because we are doing it for a good cause." Even though he said these words, he still felt a little guilty. The moment he saw this list, thousands of ways to use them flashed in his mind, not one of them had good intentions.

"The Dao exists in balance. Life and death must always coexist, calamities, plague and death are only predestined for every realm, for a new life can only be born through the ashes of disaster." During his reign as Realm Master, Penglai had undergone two calamities, Shen Jiyu did not raise a finger to help them, the working of the Dao, he understood more than most. He did not expect Basil who was born in Elvina to understand him and he wanted to explain a bit more, however, Basil's eyes were closed so he turned and focused on his herbs.

Basil had been the destruction of Elvina but his actions had caused the  sleeping 

Elvina to wake up and the realm to flourish even more. That gaze that he had felt when he had tried to devour Elvina, that gaze had destabilized him allowing him to be easily defeated.

That gaze. The word Haldir called it made perfect sense. The Dao. Another word entered his mind at once, The Will of the World.

He had thought that this world was his chess board but could he be a chess piece in another entity's board? This thought made the Basil who craved power and control uncomfortable, the scent of lavender flared past his nose and he relaxed.

He opened his eyes to look at Haldir. He did not mind, he was more than happy to ignore such a terrible thought, just as he ignored all the oddities surrounding Haldir. 

As long as this person was by his side, he did not mind.

"This plague would perfect Elvina even more." Basil said quietly.

"Perfect, Destroy. It would be up to their own fate." He glanced at Basil, "Don't worry much about it." They would not be here for long.

After he finished writing, he handed the list to Basil. Let's go foraging. The next weeks were a lot of hard work for both of them. They found the herbs, dried them and then ground them together. They had to make various trips around Elvina, flying around to spread the concoction around. Xiao Shu helped tremendously by making sure all their flights were not noticed by other elves.

Basil smiled at Haldir the moment that he landed on the balcony. He liked the feeling of being co-conspirators with Haldir felt so good. 

"What is it? Why are you laughing?" Shen Jiyu glared as he slumped on the chair, he had been so busy that he was seeing stars, Basil on the other hand looked refreshed like he had not missed a single night of sleep all week.

"When do you think that they would start noticing the symptoms?" Basil was giddy as he entered the kitchen to begin to prepare dinner.

Shen Jiyu frowned and got up, walking to the kitchen, "Tomorrow. I will go and buy food, you do not need to cook."

Basil frowned at the thought of Shen Jiyu buying food and smiling once again at those pretty waitresses, "I want to cook."

Shen Jiyu raised an eyebrow, the way he said it was as if he was not planning to cook but to chop off someone's head. "You need to study. Your exam is next week! I have already cut into your studying time. You need to pass for me to tell you that recipe, have you forgotten?" This time around, he had gotten his bargaining chip from Xiao Shu on time, although it was a pity that some of the ingredients can not be seen in Elvina and if they find a substitute, it would not taste the same.

The sound of the knife hitting the wooden board echoed around the entire house and Shen Jiyu took a step backwards before he paused, why was he retreating? What could anyone do to him?

"Next time, I will buy food." After getting the last word, Shen Jiyu scoffed and headed back to the living room. He sat down and took out a book to continue reading.

Basil looked in the direction that Shen Jiyu's voice echoed and he clenched and unclenched his fist. What was wrong with how the both of them were living right now, he truly did not want them to go back to school where those students would surround Haldir calling his name every two seconds. He hated it.

After a  few minutes, Shen Jiyu, who had been scolded by Xiao Shu, returned to the kitchen, "How can I help?" He asked, his tone filled with reluctance. He was truly tired and he wanted to buy food. Basil was the one who insisted on cooking. Why was he being dragged here too?

"Don't worry. I can handle everything myself."

His words made the slight reluctance that Shen Jiyu felt disappear, he leaned against the doorway and said seriously, "I am here. Why would you handle everything on your own? Are you looking down on me?"

The pot of water on the stove reached its boiling point at this time, and the air bubbles rose from the bottom of the water's surface, spraying water around. This scene portrayed the situation of Basil's heart. He felt like the feelings in his heart were rising steadily until they boiled over.

The steam rising from the pot concealed the smile on his face.

However, Shen Jiyu felt the barrier surrounding Elvina shake.