Arc 1.4

"Realm Master! Let's run away.!" Xiao Shu said, shivering when he remembered the kind smiles of Marquis Feng.

Shen Jiyu raised an eyebrow, Run away? Him? As he went down to have dinner with Xiao Shu quickly on his heels, he did away with Xiao Shu's words. 

Feng Mian, no, his soul was called Nian Zhen in this realm had also relaxed a bit and had gotten rid of his tight shirt and trousers in exchange for a loose top and loose trousers. He looked oddly relaxed when Shen Jiyu's gaze was fixed on him. Had he ever looked like this in Penglai, had he ever looked so comfortable?

He shook his head, not thinking of it anymore. It was not his business, he was only here to help Nian Zhen resolve his obsessions and leave. As for how he would do it, well, it all depended on Nian Zhen's behaviour.

Raising his chin, he sat across from his ex on the table, "Thank you for the meal!" He said and he lifted the chopsticks.

It was night so Nian Zhen had opted for a hot bowl of noodles, stir fry vegetables, grilled chicken and sweet tea.

He watched Shen Jiyu eat and his eyes narrowed. The way Shen Jiyu lifted each piece of food, moving it from the plate to his mouth was like an art, so full of grace. It was as if he had been raised in a noble house, a contrast from the wet, torn clothes that he had worn when they had met earlier.

Nian Zhen clenched his chopsticks a bit tighter. He had researched so much about Xui Fan and knew that although the Xui's heir maintained a happy marriage in the eyes of the public, he was a closeted gay, and from the pictures of the lovers that he had acquired, the youth before him was a more beautiful than all of them in terms of looks and even had that same naive, youthful arrogance that Xui Fan was drawn to. Just a little tweaking and he would be perfect. 

However, if the youth was a runaway from an affluent family, it would make things much more difficult for him.

"Here! Have some more." He said and pushed the plate of chicken towards Shen Jiyu. Shen Jiyu didn't mind, helping himself. He had tried mortal food before, and after one of the ascended immortals in his palace had made him a meal of mortal food, Shen Jiyu had loved it even more since.

The meal was full of impurities but still delicious. Of course, he did not defile his body by eating it often, just once or twice every hundred years.

The chicken was well seasoned and melted in his mouth. Maybe, he could see this as a way to eat mortal food without its impurity corrupting his immortal core.

The dinner table was silent until Nian Zhen suddenly asked, "Are you a Louis Vuitton person or do you fancy Balenciaga?"

Shen Jiyu was shocked as he stared at Nian Zhen in confusion, "Who are they?"

A genuine reaction. "Just some fashion brands."

"Oh," Shen Jiyu said before going back to his meal.

Xiao Shu was anxiously looking at the plate as if it was poisoned. Wasn't the Realm Master a little too comfortable?

The moment Shen Jiyu went upstairs, Xiao Shu couldn't hold it anymore. "Realm Master. He is the villain in this realm. We should be more careful."

"Villain?" Shen Jiyu asked curiously. So Nian Zhen had ruined someone's life to take revenge. That could attract some bad karma but not much. Maybe, according to this world, his actions would be extremely bad. 

Xiao Shu thought he was asking and explained, "It is a term we came up with at the Bureau of monitoring. It means a bad person who always plots against the sons of fate in each realm. They are extremely dangerous and can be worse depending on the strength of the realm. We should avoid him while we think of a way to resolve his obsessions." Xiao Shu analyzed. When he had seen the obsession, it had been so similar to the concerns of the sons and daughters of fate that he had presumed that the Marquis Feng would be the son of fate in this realm.

"Avoid? Impossible," Shen Jiyu said, a large smile appearing on his face for the first time since he stepped through to this realm. His eyes gleamed with competitiveness and the hatred that he had been restricting since he first saw Feng Mian finally seeped out. 

"I can't wait for him to scheme against me."

Xiao shu swallowed, how could he forget all those rumours and stories of how the Realm Master of Penglai desired to chew and grind Feng Mian into a thousand pieces? He was not sure what happened, by the time he ascended, those rumours were all over heaven.

After sending a message to his truer body, to verify and find out the truth as soon as possible, he lowered his voice and said to Shen Jiyu, "Realm Master. He might be the villain but we descended to help him resolve his obsessions and free his soul." 

Hidden in his sentences were the words that he dared not say, 'Realm Master, you can take your revenge later when the Marquis soul is restored and the paths of reincarnation have resumed functioning.'

Xiao Shu's eyes flashed and he said, "Realm Master, I know, We should let him know that the world is still full of light so he can turn back and be saved!."

Shen Jiyu sneered looking at the translucent youth, "Do you walk the path of Budhha? I don't. I don't like those bald donkeys and I don't want to hear those words again."

Xiao Shu raised an eyebrow but quickly lowered it. Has the Realm Master forgotten that his realm, Penglai, was the headquarters of the Buddha path in the heavens?

He shut his mouth and watched the smiling Shen Jiyu who seemed to be plotting something that made him terribly amused.

"Realm Master, what are we to do?"

Shen Jiyu's smile disappeared and something sharp and cold flashed in his eyes. His calm pretence evaporated, exposing the savage callousness of the White Tiger that resided within him, "Did we not come to help him resolve his obsessions? I will help him do that. I just hope he appreciates this little gift from me."