Arc 2.13

With Basil wrapped in his embrace, Shen Jiyu flapped his wings and made straight for the roof, wrecking it as he flew out of the house. He flew several meters away before he placed Basil on the cold grass.

Basil's face was ashen and various parts of his body were red and blistered. His eyes were closed and Shen Jiyu reached out to touch his chest.

"Crack!" Shen Jiyu could hear a sound of something breaking and his hand that was on Basil's heart spotted a weblike crack.

Xioa Shu appeared right next to Shen Jiyu, his eyes wide and panicked. The whole body had cracks from top to bottom like a clay pot that was about to collapse.

"Who dared!" Shen Jiyu was absolutely furious, the anger boiled in his heart escalating into a raging torrent, trampling through his chest like a herd of horses stomping on his heart. Shen Jiyu's eyes glowed a strange electric blue and a tiger seal instantly appeared on his forehead.

Who dares hurt Feng Mian? Shen Jiyu wanted to rampage across this realm, and wanted to bathe the entire fields with…

"Realm Master!"

The words were like a lock that instantly bound Shen Jiyu and the tiger seal on his head vanished. Shen Jiyu took a deep breath as he tried his best to restrain himself, to exercise some kind of control, to think past the fury that seemed to fill his every being.

Xiao Shu was nervous, even though Shen Jiyu was just kneeling next to Basil, he could feel it, an instinctual danger. It was sharp and it made his soul shiver in fright, he was sure that even his main body in Heaven felt the danger as he felt the spells in his clone body strengthened immensely.'

He swallowed and he knelt next to Basil, taking out all kinds of healing potions from his storage. "Your Grace, please be calm, You would destroy the host body. We should heal the Marquis first, he must be in such pain."

Shen Jiyu nodded., Basil was in pain and frightened. He would think about making the person pay later.

"Leave this to me. Since there is a barrier here, the fool would not be far from here. Find him."

He looked at the injured Basil and his fingers trembled, "I am so sorry." He reached to pick one of the medicines that Xiao Shu had provided when Basil groaned, "Hurts."

Shen Jiyu felt like his heart was painfully clogged and it was hard to breathe. He remained silent for a second and his eyes gradually reddened.

He wrote a signal on the air and the space before them shimmered before forming a small door. Shen Jiyu put his hand into the door and pulled out a small jade bottle. The jade bottle was filled with a red liquid, Shen Jiyu dipped his finger into the bottle, staining it red before he rubbed it on Basil's lips.

"It would not hurt anymore, I would never let you be hurt again, A'Mian."

The redness faded instantly and the bruises followed suit. It was as if Basil was undergoing a kind of transformation. His face seemed to shine with a luster and his wings that had been previously damaged grew several wingspans and were filled with silvery feathers.

Basil sighed in comfort and Shen Jiyu smiled, brushing his finger across his face. Basil was so beautiful and when he closed his eyes, he seemed to finally be at peace. "I am sorry. I have been careless and laissez faire. I am sorry. I would pay more attention." The words were light but Shen Jiyu felt like there was a heavy coal in his chest.

Basil had finally started to prick his head to see the world around him, this incident would probably make him pull even deeper into his shell.

"I was looking forward to the day you would be like others, be carefree and happy. Planning your future with anxiety and anticipation. You would have friends and a job you like. You would be happy and at peace. This is my fault." Shen Jiyu whispered quietly as he brushed Basil's hair, he knew the others could not hear him but he still wanted to apologize.

When Xioa mShu had said that Basil was in danger, he had felt so afraid and terrified. When he saw the fire, he thought..he thought that…It was illogical, Basil was a piece of Feng Mian's soul, he could not be killed so easily but Shen Jiyu did not think of that, he had been so scared.

"Realm Master." Xiao Shu returned to the small clearing, a frown on his face. He did not need to say anything, from his ashamed expression, Shen Jiyu could ascertain that he was not successful.

"The preparator must have escaped before we arrived or when they saw us coming. We just need to give Basil justice here on Elvina and I would take mine after the elf dies here. I would speak to the Netherworld. His soul would be sent to Penglai."

Xiao Shu's eyes were dark and there was a frown on his face. He had a lot of concerns but he didn't mention them to Shen Jiyu. If he was wrong, it was not a big deal, if he was correct, then he would perhaps tell him then.

Shen Jiyu looked down at Basil, he had delicate features and he looked very fragile lying on the gras, like a pottery that could be easily broken but even in his fragility, he exuded a vitality that could not be ignored. One that could only be cultivated by being thirsty in such situations and coming out on top.

On the information, it sounded so simple. Basil was bullied and ostracized, causing him to sign a contract with the Demon ELf and kill hundreds of thousands of Elves, but it was not always so simple, was it? It was not always a case of black and white.

If he and Xiao Shu had not been here, then how many hours or even days would Basil stay in that burning house before he instinctively crawled his way out. How many times had he been pushed down into the murky pits, pressed into the abyss by the cold cruelty and neglect of others. When they crawl out of the abyss and look at the glory and light that others bathed in, how could their heart be at peace, how could they not resent? How could they not crave power to destroy the spectacle before them?

It had been for Basil. Had it also been for Feng Mian?

"Realm Master. What should we do about this?" The wooden house was still burning several meters from there. Its pillar of smoke reached high as if praying to the heavens, however no one answered.

Shen Jiyu placed his arms under Basil's legs and lifted him up, "Basil, let us go home. Your new home."