Arc 2.3

One of such rules was the prevention of intermarriage between the two tribes. It had always been enforced heavily; however, it was broken sixteen years ago. A light elf and a dark elf met in private and fell in love. Their forbidden union was blessed with a son and they named him Basil.

Shen Jiyu's host this time had a much better identity than the one that had been kicked out mere minutes after his transmigration into the body. His host was called Haldir, he was the only child of Mena, the current head priestess of Elvina and he was a publicly known genius, achieving the position of acolyte without the help of his mother at the young age of eighteen.

He was extremely hardworking and pious, his faith in Elvina surpassing most of his elders. Shen Jiyu cross-checked all the memories properly and he felt a little relief. The host had not directly participated in the bullying of Basil. But he was not completely innocent, Haldir was the youngest acolyte in the history of Elvina and he had been posted to the Academy and was one of the acolytes in charge of Basil's class.

The priests were in charge of everything but when they left, it was the acolyte's duty to supervise the class. Haldir might not have participated in the name-calling but his intentional ignoring of the bullying made it even worse and made Basil lose even more faith.

The future of his host was bleak. He had graduated into a priest and had married a beautiful elf but before they could consummate their marriage, the town had been attacked by the Dark Elves revolutionaries and Haldir had been burnt alive to send a message to the Light Elves.

Shen Jiyu rubbed his brows. The one to lead the revolution was Basil who according to Haldir's memory also released the Demon Elf. Although his host had no idea how Basil had done such a feat that the Dark Elves had not done for hundreds of years. 

"Feng Mian is Basil." 

Rather than a question, his words were more of a statement reinforcing what he already knew, "What is his obsession?"

"Power." Xiao Shu replied.

"Power? " Shen Jiyu repeated, a little lost in thought. The obsession in the first world had been to expose the truth, his understanding of it had been shallow but the obsessions superseded Feng Mian's life in the lower realm. The root was always from his life as Feng Mian before it mirrored in these realms.

Power. It was a strange obsession, strange because of how common it was. From the lowest realm to the Heavenly realm, the creatures of the Dao have always craved power for many reasons but their craving hardly turned into a mental demon.

Feng Mian had already reached the height of the world. He was crowned Marquis Feng, a position just lower than royalty. He was the Guardian of the Six Paths of Reincarnation, the Current Meng Po playing an essential part in the living and death of all creatures. What and why does he need power?

Was it to overthrow the Heavenly Emperor, no Wei Ji Xu? If overthrowing Wei Ji Xu was his aim then wouldn't marrying him and gaining the position of Master of the Shen Clan help him achieve it sooner? But he had broken off their engagement crudely and risked harming a lot of connections. It shouldn't be political power?

Was it cultivation power? Feng Mian had reached the Celestial Stage. It was extremely high but still a little low compared to Wei Ji Xu. Was that the reason he had practised such a dangerous soul technique and experienced cultivation deviation?

The more Shen Jiyu thought, the more he could feel his headache increasing, he gritted his teeth and slammed his palm on the bed, effectively scaring Xiao Shu who was looking out the window. 

"Realm Master, Is anything alright?"

Shen Jiyu's wings flapped quickly showing how restless he was, "I am fine. You have to find ten ways to negate an obsession."

Xiao Shu did not mind his words and cocked his head, "Realm Master don't work to forcefully achieve his obsession and make him regret it like last time."

Shen Jiyu frowned, he had been too vengeful and childish in the last realm. His actions made him feel a fresh flow of embarrassment and guilt. "Hurry up! Be more useful." He had no idea, he would be a lot more careful in this realm. That does not mean that he had forgiven Feng Mian, he would not.

Shen Jiyu just wanted to use his action in this realm to apologize for his actions in the last realm. He would negate Feng Mian's obsession and remove his soul in the most peaceful and friendly manner.

The thought had stayed in his head for less than three minutes when he heard a knock on the door and a woman entered the room. She was tall and pale, with beautiful red pupils and small red wings.

"Merry meet! Haldir." She greeted with a smile, she wore a long robe similar to the one Shen Jiyu wore but hers had a lot more leaves in the embroidery in the realm.

"Merry meet, Priestess Amira." Shen Jiyu returned her greeting and the female elf stopped for a while. Her eyes turned serious as if she was inspecting every part of him.

Shen Jiyu unconsciously found himself tensing up as Amira studied him from top to bottom. If she finds out he had transmigrated, what would be his next course of action, he could not possibly kill her. He could ignore her but he did not want anything to spoil his good plans for his mission.

Just before he could decide, Amira broke into a wide smile. "It seems like the increase of your wood magic has made you more relaxed. I like your aura right now, you do not look like the tribe owes you money or something like that."

"I don't look like that."

The familiar disgruntled expression made Amira relax and she flew forward to Shen Jiyu's bed, she placed a palm on his head and Shen Jiyu felt the tracing of warm wood energy flow through his body.

Done with her examination, she flew to her table and began writing something on a large wooden slate. "You broke through suddenly so you might be a little weak for days. Take a break, go back home and have a good rest."

Shen Jiyu nodded and was about to put his leg on the floor when he remembered that Haldir loved to fly everywhere. He flapped his wings and made for the door, he opened the door handle and heard Amira say, "I forgot. That halfling was the one who carried you here. Haldir, cut him some slack."