Arc 1.7

It was not like Shen Jiyu had not done a job before. Unlike what most ascended Immortals thought, his position as the Realm Master of Penglai was not for fancy. From holding up the sky of Penglai to managing the affairs of the realm, he was in charge of everything that encompassed Penglai.

But he had never done a job like this before, where he had to receive commands from another person and endure all sorts of things. 

His job began early in the morning, From helping with moving food to the main dining area to pushing the carts to the stars who could not be bothered to go down and eat with others; He would work till late at night.

It was not physically exhausting in any way, If there was anything, Shen Jiyi felt like this trip was a good improvement in his mental state. 

He could even stay calm as an idiot cursed him out for the food being cold when he told him to wait by the door for close to an hour. His mind was at zen as he was accused of trying to sabotage a female idol by putting milk in the milk tea that she ordered.

If his Uncle and those bald monks back in Penglai could see him now, wouldn't they be so proud? Shen Jiyu sneered as he increased the volume of the earphone as he pushed the cart back to the kitchen. This was the thing that he loved the most in this realm, the cellphone, even though it had a lot of limitations, it was a passable device. He could hardly stay away from the cell phone that the company had given him after Xiao Shu showed him how to use one.

What he loved so much about it was the music app, he could listen to all kinds of music while he worked. It reminded him of the time when Feng Mian came over to visit his Palace. Feng Mian had brought some Netherworld musicians along with him; even though Shen Jiyu had complained the first time, the steady trimming of their instruments was a steady welcome to his silent palace.

Shen Jiyu gritted his teeth as he pulled the cart to its resting position. Why was he thinking of him again? Ever since he had gotten here, he had not even seen a shadow of him.

"Xiao Yan! Room 15, fifth floor, please take this food to the three judges there."

The cart was a large one with three steps, each layered with various dishes. From the way the plates glittered and the aroma of the food, Shen Jiyu could tell that this food was not for ordinary members of the company. Highers-ups, it was so funny the way they differentiated themselves like they were not all mortals that would stand equally in front of Yama King Zamir. 

He held the cart and hummed along to the song quietly, he pulled it to the elevator and pressed the top floor button. He moved to Room 15 before knocking, he heard a come in and he shut the door behind him.

It was no news that the company was having a small audition to pick some top-tier trainees from the rest and give them some opportunities. It was all the staff talked about in the kitchen as well, they all had an artist they were supporting and cast their bets in favor of their chosen one. 

Shen Jiyu was not interested in the gossip at all, he did not glance at the trainees as he walked in, however, the trainees all sat up as they instinctively felt a threat. The young man had a beautiful face that belonged in the entertainment industry and his long legs attracted all the attention the moment he entered the room.

He pushed the cart to the judges, carrying the trays of food from the cart and placing it on the table. As he placed the last tray on the table, he raised his face and his eyes met a pair of gentle and kind eyes.

"Nian Zhen!" The words slipped through his mouth, looking at the badge on that white pristine shirt, he gritted his teeth and corrected himself, "Manager Nian."

The two other people at the high table were a beautiful woman who looked to be Nian Zhen's age and an old man who had a very strict countenance.

"Zhen-er, who is this?"

Zhen-er? Shen Jiyu's eyes flashed to her immediately and he quizzed Xiao Shu,

"Who is she? Why is she calling him so affectionately?"

Xiao Shi swallowed, wasn't this the same Realm Master that cursed Marquis Feng the moment he woke up and every night before he goes to bed? Why did he care who called Marquis Feng whatever they called him?

"She is not in the plot. That means she is not important to the characters."

Shen Jiyu did not know why he felt a little relaxed at those words as he waited for Nian Zhen's reply; "He is a little friend. Xiao Yan, I can say it is great that you are here today. Join the trainees, does Manager Chu or Manager Zhou have any problem with it?

The woman, Zhou Lin, shook her head with a smile, while the old man grunted.

Shen Jiyu did not argue, moving to one empty seat before sitting down. He wanted the plot to begin moving, the sooner, the better.

"Hi!" A young man next to him greeted him, he had a sunny smile and a pretty face. "Don't mind them. We beat over fifty trainees. I had a chance to audition before the three of them, so they are a little unhappy that you were allowed to join just like that. My name is Xue Lian. What's your name?"

"Lu Yan." The boy's eyes glittered like those who loved to gossip so Shen Jiyu pulled him into a conversation and before ten minutes, he had learned about each of the three managers.

His eyes fixed on Nian Zhen, according to the boy, every star that Nian Zhen signed would turn into a golden goose, shooting to the sky. That's great, huh?

Within the next twenty minutes, he listened to different people sing, dance, and act.

Next, he was called upon. Shen Jiyu only sang on very few occasions and although he could play the Guiqin, Xiao Shu said that it was difficult to find such an instrument in this realm.

He moistened his lips as the entire room fell into silence waiting for this newbie that sprang out of nowhere to do something.

In the silence, a clear and slightly magnetic voice sounded in the closed room.

"In the morning, you know the sun will rise. In the morning, it will be alright. So sleep my little cub, sleep."