Arc 2.24

Shen Jiyu pulled out the orb of glowing light, it was a little bigger than the piece in the previous realm and had a smaller little brown sticky orb attached to it. Shen Jiyu frowned at the small orb and he pulled it out. 

A tall elf appeared as he touched the orb, his ears were a little longer and narrower than the elfs and his pupils were dark without light. He seemed to be shocked that someone could touch his soul.

"Your deal with Basil was that you would give him power and in return, he would free you. It has been done. You can go now." The body of Haldir cracked as Shen Jihyu lifted his hand to reveal a space-like gateway, he then threw the orb into space. The elf would not be able to escape for long before the Bureau of Monitoring finds him.

His attention was dragged back to his palm where he felt squirming. He looked at the orb and opened his hand, the piece of soul flew out, flying to the edge of the bed. It had no front or back but Shren Jiyu felt like the orb had turned its back on him.

"Don't be angry. The sooner I put all the pieces of your soul together, the sooner you get back to the Netherworld. Right now, you are vulnerable and scattered across realms." He stretched out his hand, however, the orb did not move at all.

Shen Jiyu felt helpless and he lowered his eyes, "Sorry for kissing you. It was a lack of propriety on my part."

The orb moved but this time it flew higher to the window shed. Shen Jiyu felt confused and rubbed his brow, his skin was cracked and they peeled away with each action. He felt tired, the events of the day had completely exhausted him, "Feng Mian, you can scold me or take your revenge later. Let's just..let's go home."

The orb shook slightly and its glow seemed to be even brighter. Shen Jiyu raised a brow, "You are that happy to take revenge on me." The orb flew into his hand and Shen Jiyu lay on the floor, vanishing from the realm a few seconds l;ater.

Shen Jiyu appeared in the same familiar room that he woke up last time with the same familiar scent of fresh lavender lightly assaulting his nose. He looked around and sat up slowly. There was some movement in his palm and he opened it. The orb flew up and made it to the door. It paused at the door for a few seconds before it moved past it.

Shen Jiyu appeared in the large hall, almost at the same time the orb entered Feng Mian's body adding a little more flush to the pale skin. Wei Muchen, Xiao Shu and Mo Fanyguan were standing not far from where Feng Mian was resting discussing in low tones.

"Your Grace!" Xiao Shu and Mo Fangyuan bowed and Shen Jiyu nodded to them. He looked at Wei Mu Chen, his face blank as he greeted him, "Your Highness."

Wei Mu Chen looked crestfallen at his action but Shen Jiyu did not care. If their friendship had several cracks before, right now what was between them was already fragmented, beyond repair. What was the point of tidying up those tender leftovers? Their relationship was best left as Regent and Realm Master, nothing more.

"I would be returning to Penglai." Shen Jiyu announced and Xiao Shu's eyes widened.

"Realm Master! Please don't go." He rushed to Shen Jiyu, Shen Jiyu did not know whether he wanted to stop him physically like some kind of martyr, Xiao Shu had always been weird at times.

Wei Mu Chen frowned and walked towards Shen Jiyu, his brown eyes narrowed slightly and he appeared to be lost in thought. Shen Jiyu looked him up and down, the golden Qilin embroidery made Wei Muchen look extremely distinguished, he looked more like the Regent of the Heavenly Capital than the last time Shen Jiyu had seen him. 

He scoffed, ignoring the small pain in his chest.

"Xiao Shu, restrain yourself. The Realm Master would have his reasons for his decision. Shen Jiyu, would you like to share it with us?"

"No!" Shen Jiyu said simply, letting a tense atmosphere filled the room as he locked eyes with Wei Mu Chen.

Mo Fangyuan came forward, "Your Grace. Concerning the Marquis' illness, Haste…"

Shen Jiyu raised his hand to stop him from speaking any more. He gave them a nod and then disappeared. He appeared in the sky  and whistled sharply.

A beautiful carriage caused a lot of immortals to look over, it was not the carriage that made them whisper but the beasts that pulled the carriage. The carriage was pulled by seven noble Azure Longma that radiated boundless divine power. There were only a few people who could be so ostentatious in the Heavenly Capital and they began to whisper to each other.

Shen Jiyu entered the carriage, space fluctuated and the carriage tore through space and vanished into thin air.

Shen Jiyu arrived at his personal residence in Penglai. He opened the door of the carriage and stepped out.

"Welcome Back, Realm Master." At the same time, over a thousand voices echoed. Their voices carried a solemn and imposing aura that reverberated through the entire Realm of Penglai. A thousand attendants wearing the crest of Penglai knelt humbly as they received Shen Jiyu.

"Rise!" Shen Jiyu waved his hand. His entire body was enveloped by blue divine radiance, causing his face to seem illusory and it was impossible for others to see his true appearance any longer or dare look too closely at him. 

The Realm Master's Pavilion was extremely beautiful. It was grand, vast and it stood towering into the skies with a faint cloudy glow. Shen Jiyu stepped into his home and the silence greeted him.

The small house that Basil and he shared in Clearview could not be compared to this grand home that was covered in carved beams and painted pillars but it was warm, for some reason Shen Jiyu felt like his home was colder than usual.

A man appeared and fell in step behind Shen Jiyu. Aside from a ghastly pale and sharp chin, his entire body was wrapped in a black cloak. Golden Chains with dense and obscure markings coiled several times around his hands and legs.

"Mo Qiang!" Shen Jiyu greeted and the man bowed.

"Master. The records and events were purposefully wiped away by someone. We could not find any information regarding what happened that year. I apologize for my incompetence."

Shen Jiyu closed his eyes. As he expected, the Heavenly Emperor had had more than five thousand years to clean all his mess.

"Keep looking. I don't want to believe he is so infallible and search for other such cases. It might not be the first time. Activate our sleepers in the Bureau of Monitoring, and go to Galena and get Mo Qi for me. Drag her here, I need her to do something for me."

"Yes, Master." He nodded and disappeared. 

He waved away the barrier and paused awkwardly. A woman was standing a few meters in front of him. She had a pretty appearance and a stern bearing. She wore a grey dress that brought out the gracefulness in her slender figure and her hair was coiled tight into a bun. A pair of glasses was placed on her nose and she smiled widely when she saw Shen Jiyu.

"Your Grace. Lui Jia is so happy to see you. Fifteen thousand, nine hundred and ten memorials have been submitted since your departure."

Shen Jiyu could feel his headache compounding immediately.