Arc 1.9

At this moment, Nian Zhen's eyes lost their gentleness, they glittered with a cold light as if soaked in an icy fire.

Shen Jiyu opened his eyes and swept a glance over Nian Zhen yet he could not see the anger and pain in those light brown eyes, he chuckled and continued, "So why did you bring me here, Mr. Nian, did you just want to ask me about the origin of the song?"

Nian Zhen took a deep breath and expertly restrained the emotions of pain and anger in his chest before looking at Shen Jiyu, his face set back in his usual mask.

"Lu Yan. How would you feel signing a contract with Shang Zhen Entertainment?" He said a hand to stop Shen Jiyu from speaking and he continued in a gentle and firm tone, "Don't just say no because you do not like me. Shang Zhen is one of the best agencies in the country, you would have a signing bonus of 400,000 yuan and the contract has a lot of freedom towards your development." He reached out from his drawer and pulled out a file, "You can read the contract but you have to give me your answer before I leave the office by 5 pm. It is a standard one-year contract but you have an attorney look through it?"

Nian Zhen pulled out another document and pushed it toward Shen Jiyu, "As the agent that scouted you, I would receive 10% of your earnings for the first three months. Here are all the managers that can take it as a trainee at this moment, they all have various parts of the entertainment industry that they focus on so make sure to read through it properly."

Shen Jiyu then received both documents; pushing the contract aside, he read through the document on the managers in the company. There was much but there was a small note on what the artist under their care did, from internet content creation to theater drama. He did not read through the first three pages before he got tired and just asked Nian Zhen, "What if I happen to choose you to be my manager?"

Nian Zhen just lifted an eyebrow, a little surprised given that the youth have been glaring at him since he stepped into the office. The freedom of choice was just an illusion, even if Lu Yan chooses another manager, it would be a piece of cake to have the company transfer Shen Jiyu back to him.

"Then you would have to listen to me. I would help you meet your goals, find more opportunities and earn so much money. I can promise that everyone would know your name but you have to listen to me. I have raised A-list stars, even if my request is absurd to you, there is a reason for everything I ask. If you can't obey my instructions, then do not pick me."

Shen Jiyu watched him quietly and then glanced at Xiao Shu who sat across from him, rolling his eyes at Feng Mian.

Nian Zhen watched as the youth looked away before looking back at him, his eyes were really too clean. Lu Yan smiled and asked, "But it is for my own good? As my manager you would not do anything to hurt me, it is your job to protect my image, right?"

Nian Zhen nodded, "Yes, everything I would do is for your own benefit."

"So I can trust you?"

The gaze of the youth was really bothersome causing Nian Zhe to hesitate for a second before he firmed his heart once again, "Yes, in this industry, I am the one person you can trust."

There was silence in the room for a few seconds before Shen Jiyu picked a nearby pen and signed his name on the contract with a quick flourish. He looked up at Nian Zhen and a small smile played on his lips. I would give you a chance Feng Mian. He pushed the contract back to Feng Mian and relaxed back on the seat.

Nian Zhen reached out and took the contract, he opened the last page and Lu Yan was signed in bold strokes. His fingers gripped the paper tightly and he lowered his head, restraining the laughter that wanted to spill from his lips. He had finally taken a large step to get his revenge on Xiu Fan, pleasure raked his entire body and he grinned.

"You look very happy. Am I such a talent?" Shen Jiyu asked and Nian Zhen's face smoothed at once, "Of course, I am sure that you would bring me lots of money. I can see your face on so many billboards."

Nian Zhen also sighed his name on the contract before ringing for his secretary. The young woman came in with a smile and called, "Zhen ge" in a soft voice causing Shen Jiyu to bristle where he sat.

"This is Lu Yan, I just signed him under me. Forward the necessary documents to Human Resources. Lu Yan, this is Hui Yin, my secretary, you should take her number later, if you can't reach me, contact her for assistance."

Shen Jiyu looked at the beautiful young woman whose eyes were glittering and frowned, "No, there is no need. If you can not pick then I would wait. I don't want to deal with her, It is too troublesome."

His words brought a strange silence, even Xiao Shu who had been content sitting down and watching the drama stood up and cautioned Shen Jiyu quietly, "Realm Master, That was a little rude. Talking about a young woman like that to her face is a little rude."

Shen Jiyu was unconcerned, "Is it?" He looked at Feng Mian and he could see his features contorted in discomfort and he wondered.

Was it really rude? I am just saying what was on my mind.

Groaning, Shen Jiyu amended his words. His attention was focused on Feng Mian, his black orbs reflecting only him, "I want you to deal directly with my matters, I don't want anyone else."

What kind of words are these? Nian Zhen thought but what was even stranger was that for some reason, that sentence made his heart pound even faster.