Arc 2.16

Shen Jiyu hummed. He was in a good mood, "Isn't it in the name, we have to get you justice."

Haldir was naive but it did not annoy Basil, on the contrary, he wanted to protect it. "It does not matter. I would rather study for the upcoming herbology exam. Stakes are high, I want to pass."

Shen Jiyu refused to be distracted, "It is going to be fun; I promise. It is not just for you, Basil, let us end the discrimination against the dark elves in one stroke."

Basil gazed at him silently before he nodded. He then turned to his food and finished eating, before he got up. "Okay, let's go."

Shen Jiyu smiled and opened the window. The windows of Elvina were very large, suitable as a backdoor for flying out. He led the way and Basil followed behind him.

Clearview was truly on the most beautiful places in Elvinas, the houses were all similar and elegantly constructed but Shen Jiyu did not have time to gaze at them, his target was the largest building of them all. It stood in the middle of Clearview, occupying both a religious and legal high ground, this was the Elvina Court of Justice.

Surrounding it were different kinds of flowers and they produced a scent that made one feel calm and relaxed. The moment Shen Jiyu drew here, four elves flew towards them. They crossed their spears, barring his path. Shen Jiyu lifted an eyebrow.

"It is in the laws of Elvina that everyone be allowed access to the Court of Justice, for to refuse to give justice is to accept evil."

The brows of the first elf twitched and he replied in a gruff voice, "We do not deny you access to the Court but he is not allowed to sully our precious grounds." He gestured to Basil, not bothering to hide the disgust on his face.

Shen Jiyu gritted his teeth, his anger coming suddenly. He lifted his hand and a long vine shot out, encircling the elf and flinging him across the building. Without warning, he attacked the three other elves, his vines guarding against their attacks and flinging them as far as possible. Shen Jiyu sighed and opened his hand, there was a small crack, he took a deep breath and restrained himself.

"Why did you do that?" Basil asked quietly.

Shen Jiyu frowned, "Do not be scared. I did not kill them; they would just be injured lightly."

He was not easily frightened but he did nothing to correct that image that Haldir had of him, "You should not attack so recklessly. We are in the court of justice, it would just make them resistant towards you, or even worse think you are in league with me."

Feng Mian had something like this in the first world, but he was too angry and full of hate to even give his words a second time. He wanted to say that in the face of absolute power, that all schemes and plans are for naught but considering that Feng Mian's current obsession is power, then he should rather not encourage it. There was enough time to discuss it with other pieces of soul, He ruffled Basil's hair, it was soft and nice to touch, and it made her smile as he teased, "But I am in the same league with you."

"I am serious," Basil said as he stepped away, the entire balcony of the court of justice was filled with elves clad in light silver armor holding wooden spears or arching their arrows that were all targeted on Haldir. He clenched his fist, if any of them come even closer, he would sign the contract and doom them all/

He felt a warm palm rub his left arm and he shivered, he looked up to see Haldir smiling down at him, "Relax! Don't be so tense. I did not bring us here to be attacked." Basil blinked and looked at the young man who stood in front of him blocking him with his body. As the shadow was cast upon his face, Basil felt like both his face and his left arm were very hot.

Shen Jiyu stood in front of Basil and shouted, "I, Haldir, come bearing word from Lady Elvina."

Everywhere fell silent at once as the guard looked at each other. Lady Elvina was their goddess, they would not block her messenger.

"Let them through." A woman flew through a window. She was around forty years old and her beauty was still so astonishing. She had long curls that were braided in with flowers and she wore a long baby blue gown that brought out the striking blue of her eyes.

This was Vana, the chief priestess of Elvina and Haldir's mother.

Shen Jiyu and Basil flew to the highest floor and entered through the window. They were in a large lobby that faced a very large door. Vana was in front of the door, and she nodded at Shen Jiyu, "Son."

"Mother."

The relationship between Haldir and his mother was not close. After giving birth to him, she was appointed as the chief priestess and she devoted all her time to the goddess.

"You said you bear words from Lady Elvina."

"Yes." Shen Jiyu lied with a straight face.

The woman's face turned more solemn, "You can come in, leave the dark elf spawn here."

Shen Jiyu shook his head, "He would go in with me." His voice was clear that he would not concede.

Vana frowned but still opened the door. It was a round room with thirteen floating chairs high up signaling the thirteen healing herbs that Lady Elvina had blessed the elves with. The thirteen priests and priestesses of Elvina were also in charge of justice and they manned the chairs, delivering judgment on sinners and criminals.

There was a small podium and a single chair in the middle. Shen Jiyu did not sit down, he stood and faced the thirteenth chair, even though they were all looking down at him, he stood tall with his back straight. There was a pride in his bones that could never be shaken.

He did not wait to be announced and he began to speak, "When I fainted in the forest due to my magic orb overloading, I saw a vision. I saw a woman; she was the most beautiful woman that I have ever seen. Her eyes were as dark as the night, her hair was whiter than the snow and her lips were so red that roses would be ashamed to bloom in her presence. She was sitting under the iroko tree and looked sad, so I walked to her and asked her what was wrong. She said that the priestess had hardened their heart to her words and asked me to send a message. She said that she had heard the cries of her other children, the dark elves and she has forgiven them. That we should bring them back to the fold and turn their faces and hearts back to her."

Everywhere was quiet in the room and one elf stood up, he was tall with black markings around his body. He looked like he was in his early thirties and there was visible scorn in his face when he looked down at Shen Jiyu, "I do not think that those are words from Lady Elvina. I think the demon elf that was sealed with the evil spawn behind you has been whispering words into your ears."