Arc 1.5

When Shen Jiyu woke up in the morning, he felt very refreshed as if he had just soaked in the tears of the water jiaoren. 

He looked at the unfamiliar ceiling, his nose breathing in stale air and he affirmed to himself. 

He was not dreaming, Wei Mu Chen, that crazy, ambitious brat had really utilized the Heaven's tally and he descended to the lower realm, possessing a body that had no home but who, Xiao Shu said, was a son of fate in this realm, a really miserable son of fate.

Feng Mian. He had met Feng Mian, who was now Nian Zhen. His head buzzed and his heart began to race within his chest.

Thump! Thump!

It was so loud that he felt someone would hear it. He took a deep breath, whispering a short sutra as he made the sign for calm and peace. He must remain in control of his emotions at all times, he could not be impulsive.

After hypnotizing himself for close to thirty minutes, he got up from the bed.

Xiao Shu had been guarding the door all night, suspicious of the 'villain' downstairs. If not that it was not an action a realm master would do, especially a realm Master of his pedigree, Shen Jiyu would have rolled his eyes yesterday night. 

Once he left here, he would have some of his servants to check around. There was no way this man finished his mission successfully in a hundred realms.

"Realm Master! Good morning. May the sky of heaven shine down on you on this lovely day." Xiao Shu chirped in a good mood.

"The sky of heaven? Doesn't the Bureau of monitoring have history lessons for the newly ascended, or did you not take it? " Shen Jiyu said before entering the bathroom.

Xiao Shu was a little confused, was this a question or not? Should he say yes or no? He had indeed taken the lessons, but he had not been paying attention at all.

After a quick shower, Shen Jiyu made his way downstairs, the whole house was quiet and he wondered if Nian Zhen was still sleeping. He began to check room by room before he saw the other in the dining room where they both had dinner last night.

Nian Zhen was even more dressed up than he had been last night. His hair was trimmed neatly, and the collar of a sky-blue shirt peeked out from the lapel of the grey suit that was slightly narrower at the waist, giving off a comfortable feel. His trousers were wrapped around long legs and he wore shiny leather shoes.

"Good morning!" Shen Jiyu greeted Nian Zhen who looked at him through his rimless glasses. He hadn't expected the youth to greet him first considering how prickly and quiet he was the night before.

"Good morning, how did you sleep last night?"

"It was okay." Shen Jiyu said as he folded his palm together while he watched Nian Zhen intently. One would think that Nian Zhen was the guest in his house, not the other way around.

Nian Zhen looked at the picture of the seven-year-old on his phone that was dressed in the best of clothes, his eyes were glowing and happy, filled with arrogance and confidence, not knowing the disaster that would befall him and his family just a day later.

"Why did you lie to me? Your name is Lu Yan not Shen Jiyu." Nian Zhen asked, his light brown eyes were fixed on Shen Jiyu and even though his tone was still gentle, it came with insurmountable pressure.

However, the youth opposite him did not seem to be affected by this aura, he just shrugged his shoulders, "It is foolish to give a stranger you met in the middle of the night your real name."

Nian Zhen's fingers tapped the table rhythmically, causing Shen Jiyu's eyes to instantly dart towards him as he struggled to control himself at the familiar tune.

"I would say it is more stupid that you entered a stranger's car in the middle of the night." Nian Zhen's fingers continued to tap the table as he struggled to understand the enigma before him.

Nian Zhen had initially thought that the other was like him, hiding his true feelings under a mask of gentleness.  But unlike his muddled and dark eyes, the other's black eyes were too clear, like two orbs of glass without any hint of impurity. 

According to the report submitted to him, Lu Yan had been raised by a wealthy family before he was sent to  a terrible orphanage by his relatives. He stayed in that orphanage for over ten years yet he didn't seem to bear the characteristics of most of the fellow children who stayed there for so long. His eyes lacked the fierce cunning or the intense depression that shadowed their gazes. This youth before him was similar to the child in the picture, he was naive and filled with arrogance; like a tiger cub who did not know the dangers in the forest.

"I thought about refusing your ride, but if you were to do anything to me, I am confident that I can beat you in a fight."

Nian Zhen paused in his drumming on the table, was this youth insulting his slender figure? He ran his eyes up the boy's frame. Lu Yan was tall with lines of muscles hidden beneath the T-shirt that he wore, probably from the manual labour that he did in the orphanage. 

Nian Zhen gritted his teeth, he had tried everything, protein shakes, working out but he didn't seem to gain any muscle. He had always seen other men with ripped bodies, their muscles straining with every movement that they made. His slender form was a sore spot for him.

He gritted his teeth, the constant smile on his face turned even gentler, "Is that so?"

"Are you angry?" Shen Jiyu asked, fighting the smile on his own face. 

"Of course not." Nian Zhen said as he picked up the cup of coffee next to him. Nian Zhen could not help giving a cold snort inwardly. However, he looked calm and peaceful on the surface. "I think it is good that you have such thoughts."

"You are angry. Is it because I said I could beat you? That is because I train every day." The corner of Shen Jiyu's lips curved upwards into a smirk. Yes, he was definitely mad.

Nian Zhen's eyes flared and his tone which up to this point was always low and pleasant changed, "I already said that I am not. Eat your breakfast and get out!" He did not know why but when he saw the other's smirk, it was as if his ears were buzzing and his mind filled up with anger. 

"Get out? You want me to leave?" Shen Jiyu did not hide his shocked expression. Didn't this person want to train him into an idol so he could use him and ruin that Xiu person? If he goes away now, how would he be able to annoy Nian Zhen till he could not take it anymore?

Seeing his confused and lost expression, Nian Zhen felt like lotuses were blooming in his chest, all the angry feelings vanished and he relaxed. He took a sip of coffee smiling gently once again, "I sheltered you because it was raining. Look outside, the sun is shining. You can continue on your way."