Arc 1.10

Groaning, Shen Jiyu reluctantly amended his words. His attention was focused on Feng Mian, his black orbs reflecting only him, "I want you to deal directly with my matters, I don't want anyone else."

What kind of words are these? Nian Zhen thought but what was even stranger was that for some reason, that sentence made his heart pound even quicker. Why? He adjusted his glasses, "Hui Yin, before you head to Human Resources, give Chen Jiang a call, we would be going to his store to pick a wardrobe for Lu Yan. Arrange for good quarters and furnish it, there should be a spare flat in the fifteenth building, Look into it. Inform the Publicity and Media Department that We would have a meeting by 5 a.m."

Hui Yin wrote down his instructions quickly, "Would that be all, Zhen ge?" She asked with that same soft smile that made Shen Jiyu bristle and he gritted his teeth silently.

"And an assistant. Find one for Lu Yan."

"You! Did you not hear what I said to you?" Shen Jiyu shouted, why was he being so disobedient?

Nian Zhen dismissed his secretary with a wave of his hand and looked impassively at Shen Jiyu. His gentle persona always made people look down on him, especially in the entertainment industry, thinking he was a pushover and they could step over his head. Well, those who did always regretted him immensely. For him to control three A-list stars and two popular boy bands, he was not a soft cookie that anyone would take a bite of.

This Youth both gazed and spoke to him in informal terms without a hint of respect, he made unreasonable demands and even had the guts to raise his voice at him in front of him. At this time, Nian Zhen should have promptly put him in his place or taught him a lesson that he would not be able to forget in a while but his eyes met Shen Jiyu's black eyes and he froze.

Why did they look so aggrieved, like Nian Zhen had wronged him immensely? That gaze made Nian Zhen feel a familiar strain of helplessness and it made him think a bit. He had helped the other in the rain while he was kicked out and had nowhere to go. Gave him a warm home, and food, did it cause Lu Yan to form some kind of dependence on him? Maybe he had felt abandoned when he had kicked him out. Was the aggression when they had met again Lu Yan's way of disguising the hurt, he felt? Abandonment Issues? He could use this, Nain Zhen thought with a smile.

He cleared his throat and his gaze softened again, his tone changing to that an older brother would use with his younger brother, "You promised to listen to me, don't make a fuss."

Xiao Shui could see lines of goose bumps littered his arm at the tone that Marquis Feng just used, he shivered and turned to look at the Realm Master to know whether he had the same feeling, he back pedalled when he saw that the cheeks of the ferocious Realm Master were a pale pink and he had said with a low voice, "Ok."

Xiao Shu had never heard such a voice from the Realm Master's mouth and he felt that the goose bumps on his arms got ten times bigger. Realm Master, wake up! This is Marquis Feng Mian, your mortal enemy!

His heartfelt thoughts might have reached Shen Jiyu as the latter's eyes widened as if he had been in a trance and he glared at Nian Zhen, "Don't speak to me like that, we are not familiar."

Nian Zhen raised an eyebrow, hadn't he successfully brushed down this cat's fur, why was it sticking up again? He tried to hand out another treat as he watched Shen Jiyu, "You can stay at my place till you get used to everything." Tapping the table, he watched as those black eyes lit up in joy, then mischief before an expression of arrogance settled within them.

"Of course, I was not planning on staying anywhere else." Shen Jiyu said, he did not change his mind easily, he had already decided that he would stay right next to Feng Mian so he could irritate him till that mask on his face falls off.

Nian Zhen let out a soundless laugh and motioned for Shen Jiyu to get up, "Oh! Okay. We have an appointment by 1 p.m, let us go."

Hui Yin's office was right outside Nian Zhen's office and when she saw them walk out, she got up, "Zhen ge? Are you heading to Mr. Chen's store? Should I ask for a style team to head over and wait for you there?" 

Nian Zhen could feel a hot stare behind him and he wanted to laugh again but he restrained himself and gently dismissed Hui Yin's suggestion, "We are just going to take a look."

He walked downstairs and after opening the door for Shen Jiyu, he entered the driver's seat. He looked behind him and saw the youth looking out the window. He was really different from other trainees; he had sat back naturally as if chauffeuring him was a matter of course. Really intriguing.

He switched up the radio, letting the music fill the silence in the car as he drove to the boutique. The traffic was good and he arrived in twenty minutes. Switching off the radio, he turned to Lu Yan who had been silent throughout the car ride, "We are here."

He had not fully climbed out of the car when a man in a blue suit rushed to him, "Zhen ge!" He gave him a loud peck on the cheeks, "I have missed you so much, do you not care about me anymore."

The man was shorter than Nian Zhen with soft features yet his grip was so tight, not letting Nian Zhen pull out easily.

Shen Jiyu's face darkened immediately and he panted, "Who...He...How inappropriate!" After saying these words, he immediately pulled the door and looked over at them, he did not try to hide the scorn in his eyes and his gaze was as if he was looking at two adulterers, his voice was cold and when he spoke, his voice seemed to be pulled from gritted teeth, "No wonder Mr. Nian was so excited to come here."

Before Shen Jiyu could finish his sentence, the said adulterer rushed to him, turning his face left and right, "Wow! This face. So handsome." Chen Jiang bent down and caressed his legs, "Wonderful, Simply wonderful."

Shen Jiyu who had not recovered fully from his face being touched stared in horror at this mad man but before he could give the other a piece of his mind, he saw Nian Zhen bend over and place his left hand over the man's shoulders while his right hand pulled the man's hand from Shen Jiyu's legs, "Chen Jiang, if you touch him again, you would lose your hands." 

His voice was so soft and there was a gentle smile on his face, however, Chen Jiang could feel chills running down his spine.