To be the happy me an hour ago

5:00 a.m. Morning, I wake up to my phone ringing instead of the alarm clock I normally hear. Looking out the window, I could immediately tell it was still a little earlier than I was supposed to wake up. Groaning, I turn my body to wake up, sending a shock of pain towards my injured leg. The injury came from a mission two days ago. It was an average mission where I needed to kill some rich guy involved in human trafficking; apparently he was bringing ability users outside the barriers of Yokohama. But when I was attacking, I idiotically forgot to close the door, resulting in me getting shot in the leg by an agent that happened to cross by. Wincing as I look at my phone screen, I squint my eyes due to the sudden flash of light and loud buzz that came out of it.  My eyes quickly adjust to the bright source of light, and an irk forms on my forehead as I see a nostalgic name.

Contact: My brother's mackerel (Dazai)

The first thing that popped into my mind was, "That bastard had the audacity to call me five years after he left the Port Mafia." On top of that, he constantly avoided me through the cannibalism incident, the decay of angles, and everything else because he didn't have the balls to meet me. What's next? I found out that he recently proposed to my brother because lately I have seen a ring on his left hand?
Irritation building up, I finally braced myself for whatever absurd thing that bandage-wasting machine was going to say. Prepared to counter anything rationally, like I should.

Putting the phone to my ear, I answer him.

"GoOd MoRNinG y/n chann, it's been a while, hasn't it? I was wondering if you could hel-" Oh god, he's here with the happy-go-lucky voice. If he was calling to piss me off, then he was definitely doing a good job because I found myself gritting my teeth and nearly breaking the phone that was in my hands. "A while? It's been a whole goddamn five years since you called me for your information. And if you're going to ask me to help you with suicide, I WILL hang up. And no, I will not help you pull pranks on your co-workers either. That's it, BYE," I said, putting an extra accent on the bye and will, hoping that it would express my feeling enough, and practically shouted into the phone.

Out of pure irritation, I cut him off, hoping that I could cut the conversation short. Well, the being rational part failed. Immediately sensing my anger, he quickly went to the main part. A little proud of my accomplishment, I decided to for once listen to him. "Wawawawa, matte, matte, I just needed to tell you to go to Morisensei's office in around an hour." I stared at the phone, taking a while to comprehend what he had just told me. Half of me was glad that he didn't want me to do something absurd, and the other half of me questioned the facts that he placed in front of me. "Why would yo- Do you know what? Never mind, thanks bye."
Exhausted, I flip on my bed, fighting the urge to throw the phone. Well, I guess I was contemplating worse when it came to him.

Realising the time, I found myself engaged in a debate: should I enjoy a few more moments of sleep or abandon the notion altogether? As I stared absentmindedly out of the window, where a captivating view of Yokohama and the barrier protecting us unfolded before me, I ultimately abandoned the option of seeking further peaceful rest. The tempting smell of breakfast wafted towards me, encouraging me to begin my preparations for the day.

"Ohayoo," yawning, I look at the kitchen to see my brother cooking breakfast. Already wearing his black work clothes, he seemed to be cooking pancakes. "Morning, breakfast is about to be ready in a minute." After a pause, he adds, " I heard you shouting; are you okay?" Feeling a twinge of embarrassment at the realisation that he had heard me, I couldn't help but tense up briefly. However, that unease quickly vanished, and I found myself releasing a halfhearted chuckle as I imagined his possible reaction. " Nothing; your idiot boyfriend decided to call me at five in the morning; "Also, my leg hurts from last time's mission; that's all." His face flushed the same colour as his hair as he abruptly shouted at me, " That mackerel bastard is not my boyfriend!"
Snickering, I take a sip from the coffee on the table.
"Uh, uh, keep telling yourself that."