Diamonds and Pebbles

Okay, so maybe not 12 hours....    I have no excuse. 

Here's a new chapter...

----------------------------------------------------

As I follow my fallen classmates, Aisawa stops me. "Your brother called this morning; your changing room will be this way." Pointing towards a smaller room, he leads me towards it and hands me the jersey. "A female teacher will be inside with you for safety reasons. She is trustworthy, I can assure you that." Informing me as if to reassure me, he warns me slightly about her attitude, saying she might be slightly disturbing. Leaving me alone in front of the room, he gazed at me with a grim facial expression before turning around and walking the other way.

I wonder what Dazai told him...

After abruptly opening the door, I stepped inside, finding a woman quietly reading a book in the corner. She had blue and black spikey hair and was wearing a slightly inappropriately tight costume. She was most likely also a hero. Looking up from her book and taking a distinct peak at me, she motions for me not to worry, comprehending my uneasiness. Feeling a tiny bit more comfortable, I go to the other side of the room to open the locker and put my stuff inside.

Staring at the mirror in the room, I slowly start to change. Though I could tell she was pretending not to look, I could see her staring at my scars. I stopped momentarily before I took my shirt off. to face the women who continued to stare back at me. "Are you not curious? " Tooken slightly aback, she widens her eyes before turning back to her vacant expression. "I won't force you or anything, but it would be nice to gain an explanation."

Nodding at her response, I turn back, continuing to change again. Through the mirror, I could see my scars clearly. A stab scar on my abdomen, a bullet scar on my shoulder, scars on my wrists (yes momentarily bad habits influenced by a certain idiot), and two large scars horizontally parallel around my shoulder blades. I scowled at my reflection, wishing that my skin could be as beautiful as hers without any marks. Quickly turning away, I swiftly put on the jersey before bidding good-bye to her and heading towards the gym. 

Speeding through the fallway, I finally catch up to the other students. "Y/N Chan, where were you? " As energetic as always, she starts to question me, asking me if everything was okay. "I'm fine, gee, I was just called to use a different changing room by Aizawa sensei." Lightly answering her, I tell her that it was no big deal. Trusting me immediately, she goes back to normal, chatting with the other girls again.

Everybody lined up in front of the school grounds. Aizawa, standing in front of all of us, started to clarify the sudden test: "Here at UA, we're not tethered to traditions. That means that I get to run my class however I see fit." Stating out the obvious, the class explodes into confusion. It seems to me that they have done absolutely zero research on UA.

"You've been taking standardised tests most of your lives. But you never got to use your quirks in physical exams before. The country's still trying to pretend we're all created equal by not letting those with the most power excel. It's not rational. One day, the Ministry of Education will learn." Stating out a broad complaint against the government, I gawked at him, slightly impressed. These heroes really have freedom of speech.

Turning towards the explosion quirk boy, Bakugo, he shoves a ball into his hands. "Bakugo, you managed to get the most points on the entrance exam. What was your farthest distance thrown with a softball when you were in junior high? " Playing with the ball, Bakugo answers with a nochalant voice, "Sixty seven metres, I think."

Unbothered by the sparks Bakugo was creating from his body, Aizawa goes on and signals him to start. "Right. Try doing it with your quirk. Anything goes; just stay in the circle. Go on. You're wasting our time." Warming up, I watch as he confidently strides forward and yells out an unneeded "DIEEEEEE" as he throws the ball with all his might. The whole class watches the scene in awe, most of their jaws wide open; only me and Aizawa are casual, not swayed by the performance.