When we lost him

Update because the amount of chapters between the ones I've published and currently working on feels too large that it feels awkward
———————————————————————-

A blast of light explodes in the sky. The building crumbled from the force, sending people flying into the air. The smell of steel and blood stenched the air. Groups of injured men ran through the rubble, checking for survivors. A red-headed boy, the cause of the explosion, lies unconscious in the hands of a bandaged one around his age.

" Bring all casualties to Y/N's clones; they'll bring them to safety!" I watch as people carry children, women, and armed men around, handing them to my clones. I was devastated as I watched the scene, catching sight of a bandaged boy wearing black clothes. "Dazai san!! How's the condition? " Limping, I could see he had a couple of broken bones. "Bad, most of us all have broken bones; Chuuya's out; We have five men dead. and the other groups we can't contact."

"The ability user?" Staggeringly, I could see he hit his head hard, blood also flowing from his shoulder. "Dead, the conflicts are over, but I don't think the cities going to hold for longer" Nodding, I call over an assistant to help carry him to the aid station, running towards the other side. "Y/N! I ordered the black lizards to contact help from out of Yokohama. "We're planning to open borders; can you do that for us?"

Nodding in agreement, I quickly make my way towards the black lizards to relay the urgent message. The chaos and destruction around me only add to the urgency of the situation. As I reach the aid station, I see the injured ability users lying unconscious, their injuries seemingly too severe. With a heavy heart, I help carry them inside for treatment. The toll of this conflict is devastating, and it's clear that we need all the help we can get to prevent further casualties.

"Head towards the head quarters; there will be aid there!" Calling around and running over the remains of what used to be a city, I mark people, pointing them towards help. Seeing a young boy quivering in the rubble, I call out to him, hoping he will hear. " Follow me; I'll take you to the aid station." As we make our way through the rubble, I can't help but feel a sense of despair wash over me. The destruction is overwhelming, and it's hard to imagine how anyone could survive. But I push those thoughts aside and focus on getting as many people as possible to safety.

Along the way, I encounter others who are injured and in need of assistance. Some are too weak to move on their own, so I offer them my shoulder to lean on. It's exhausting work, but I know that every person I help is one step closer to recovery. Finally, after what feels like hours of running and searching, we reach the aid station. Doctors and nurses rush out to meet us, ready to provide medical attention and comfort. Looking around at the faces of those who have made it this far, I feel a sense of hope rise within me.

Running back into the headquarters, I ran towards an assembled group; they were calling for backup. Right now, most of the Port Mafia is either here broken down or out in the countries taking care of other conflicts, meaning we don't have enough men. Though we all hated the idea of calling for help from the heroes, this was no time to be picky.

"Hirotsu San, how is the backup coming? " As his gaze fixes on me, a noticeable pallor washes over his face, accompanied by sweat glistening on his forehead. With a tremor in his movements, he lowers his head, descending into a crouching position, his hand pressing firmly against his temples. It is an alarming sight, for I had never beheld him in such a state of distress and vulnerability before. " Did they reject?" The words are barely coming out of my mouth, and I hear my voice cracking.

"I'm sorry, Y/N."

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

In a significant historical event that unfolded precisely five years ago on the important date of October 13th, the curtains were finally drawn on what came to be known as the "two week war." This frightening conflict had its beginning when the significant figure known as Q was forcibly abducted from the headquarters, igniting a series of conflicts that embroiled multiple organisations competing for control over Q's fate. The toll exacted by this prolonged and relentless battle was second only to the infamous Dragon Head conflict, leaving a stark trail of destruction in its wake. The final tally revealed a staggering count of 74 lives lost, a grim tally that included not only combatants but also innocent civilians tragically caught in the crossfire. In an act of solemn reverence, each fallen individual was accorded a grand funeral ceremony and a dignified burial, thoroughly organised and overseen by the Port Mafia, paying tribute to their ultimate loss.

In a regrettable turn of events, the anticipated support from the heroes, which could have alleviated the escalating casualties, was notably absent. Their rationale, firmly grounded in their policy of refraining from aiding criminal organisations, ultimately contributed to an unfortunate surge in the number of lives lost. Consequently, this marked a critical moment when every member of the Port Mafia harboured a deep-seated bitterness towards the very fabric of the hero society.

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

It was also the day Odasaku died.

A bandaged brunet folded the report and set it down on the table while he sipped his coffee. Through the window, he cast a far-off gaze over Yokohama and its barrier. " Hey, Odasaku, I'll keep my word, but could you pardon me for straying just a little bit into the shadows this time?" As he talks about his memories, his voice is soft and melancholy. Chuuya bit his lip as he listened, hating that Dazai was still attributing the problem to himself.

He inhaled deeply and caught Dazai's attention, then ruffled his fluffy hair aggressively, taking Dazai by surprise. "Chu-uya?" His expression became incredibly childlike for his age as his eyes opened and his face began to sparkle. Chuuya notices how adorable this face is as he turns to look at it. He turns around, blushing, and puts his hat over his face. "I'm sure he will, so don't hesitate. I'll make any plan work for you, partner." He says his voice is sincere and soft.

Dazai chuckles: "I know you will, Chuuya. You always do." Chuuya can feel his heart flutter at the sound of Dazai's laughter. He takes a deep breath and composes himself before turning back to face Dazai. "Let's get started then," he says with determination in his voice. They spend the next few hours strategizing and planning, their minds working in perfect sync. As they work, Chuuya can't help but steal glances at Dazai, admiring his intelligence and charm. He wonders if Dazai feels the same way about him. Eventually, they finish their plan and stand up to leave. As they walk out of the room together, Chuuya feels a sense of contentment wash over him. He knows that with Dazai by his side, anything is possible.